ps Are you really a Reverend? Should I be addressing you as "father"?

It's ironic. I'm actually an atheist although I don't really like the term because it attempts to define me by what I do not believe in rather than what I do. For example, I am also not a flat-earther but nobody would actually describe me that way. My avatar is a charicature of (Reverend) Jim Ignatowski from Taxi.

I find that the religious people I have come to know don't actually practise the morals of their religion. I recall someone describing religion as a set of moral values that one has decided should apply to their neighbours.

Thanks for the clarification!
Christian: noun: a person who lives by rejecting every single point of the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth.

I found it.

CHRISTIAN, n. One who believes that the New Testament is a divinely inspired book admirably suited to the spiritual needs of his neighbor. One who follows the teachings of Christ in so far as they are not inconsistent with a life of sin.

• Ambrose Bierce (The Devil's Dictionary)
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.