Is it even possible? If yes, than how to do it?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

On Daniweb I clicked on the icon in the top right area of the page which gives up a menu of items. You want to click on Control Panel then on the left side of the page click on Community Profile. The item "Avatar" and "Choose File" let you upload your avatar.

There is a maximum size but I don't know what it is. If your avatar fails to upload, keep downsizing it until it works.

Thank you all, but when I selected my desired avatar and clicked Save, page just reloaded without any error nor my avatar (it was still default image)

Hmm, that's really weird. I'm not having a problem uploading a new avatar. Maybe someone else can try and see if they're having issues?

@macfan, try this. Make a reply and attach it to your post so the image file can be examined for issues.

PS. Added with edit. I don't have a Save button. My button to push was Update Profile.
PS#1. Changed my avatar. Also, “Stay scientific, Jerry.”

You know what I think? This problem may be related to browser. Currently testing new, Chromium based, Edge. May this be an issue?
Will try Safari and/or Safari TP.

And you're sure you're pressing the Update Profile button at the bottom of the form after specifying a new avatar?

As rproffitt suggests, try attaching the avatar you want to use to this post so we can see if there's a problem with the image that might be making it break.

No, it wouldn't have to do with macfan clearing their cache because it's not just affecting the single end-user. None of us are seeing their new avatar.

I thought I knew what the problem might be but I tested my theory and that doesn't seem to be it, either. If macfan tries to upload the avatar he wants to use as a post attachment, I'll see if I can set his avatar for him or if I run into the same issue.

In terms of there being a maximum file size, up to 5K images are accepted and then we size them down on our end. If you attempt to upload something higher resolution than 5K, then we'll throw a friendly error message.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.