Hi Dani,

Each time I try to post, I am given a message to "register" when I just registered a minute ago. Why is this happening and how can we correct it? Thanks.....Justine

Recommended Answers

All 27 Replies

Do you have cookies turned on? If the forum software can't set a cookie it can't tell that you are logged in.

Cookies are enable and have been accepted. This just started happening today, I have a "minute or less to post" before I am dropped asking me to register, when I did so a minute ago.

That's REALLY strange. The site just logs you out and you are back to seeing the login form at the top of the page? What if you surf around for a couple of minutes just surfing threads (that everyone has access to) instead of clicking on member-only areas such as posting? Does it still happen then? Does this happen with any other sites?

no problem surfing other sites. can surf the daniweb forums but have extreme difficulty with posting. each time i "try to post" it tells me to "register" sheesh!

Ony happens in the members area, funny it just started today. Gives me less than a minute before forcing me to "register" again and again.

Are you an Internet Explorer or Firefox user? What if you try a different web browser? Unfortunately I haven't the slightest clue :( This is a new one.

Used both but now mainly IE....I am lucky if I can post two lines before I have to log in again.

just went to another site and posted no problems whatsoever. it's got to be something here.

Used both but now mainly IE....I am lucky if I can post two lines before I have to log in again.

And you have the same problem with both browsers?

<Dani screams from the rooftops>Does ANYONE else have this problem who could provide some insight ??</Dani stops screaming>

When you are surfing around on the pages anyone can view, does it keep you logged in according to the userbar at the top?

Yes, it keeps me logged in, in fact, it keeps me logged in when I click on any thread, the minute I begin to post it disconnects me, telling me to "register and refresh"

Don't scream to hard I don't want you to lose your voice. I hope someone can help

Just re-registered AGAIN and the screen colors are fading...Justine

I have never heard of this before :(

I'm still betting it is a cookie issue. If you want I can try to talk you through checking this on IM. Let me know if this is okay (or send me an IM. My information is in my profile).

You must be sitting behind a firewall I suppose. THe same problem happens with me but on a different site.

In that case I just turn off the firewall and post and it works out well. Or try changing the setting in your firewall for Daniweb and then see if it works.

Hope it helped, bye.

has happened to me. keeps logging me out after i post
this only occurs on windows server 2003, my XP pc (with spyware scanner) or on my PDA - i think its a coockies problem

Cookis enabled, firewall adjusted and still keeps logging me out "immediately after 1st post" Message: You need to register and refresh your screen. Maybe there is a ghost in the background causing this hmmmm.

If you can, don't adjust the firewall, close it and then see what happens...Even I had to close my firewall application to find out the cause.

Anti-spyware software usually conceder cookies to be means of spying. Could it be that your cookies get deleted by some over-protective program?

I don't feel comfortable "closing the firewall"as it will open my computer to attacks. No Anti-Spyware program Chaky! We eliminated cookies/firewall....so what else could it be? C'mon inquiring minds want to know ha! :)

Closing (opening?) your firewall does not mean that random creepy hackers will immediatly jump in. While it is not a good idea to leave it open (closed?) for long, it is fine to quickly open/close (close/open?) it.

I don't feel comfortable "closing the firewall"as it will open my computer to attacks. No Anti-Spyware program Chaky! We eliminated cookies/firewall....so what else could it be? C'mon inquiring minds want to know ha! :)

Funny, neither Windows firewall, BitDefender firewall nor NVIDIA's ActiveArmor never gave me such problems.

I use the Windows XP built-in firewall, and on my mac the built-in mac firewall (iptables/ipchains?). Never had any problems logging into DaniWeb.

Not with Daniweb, but Zonealarm gives me problems with some other forums.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.