Member Avatar for firstbateyboy
firstbateyboy

Gidday
I'm firstbateyboy and that's cause I'm the eldest of three boys. I'm currently a full-time student at polytechnic working on my Bachelor Computing Systems (BCS). Last year (2008) I completed my first year of full-time study AND did 2 extra subjects/papers and completed a Diploma in Business(because of cross credits from papers passed in the late 80's early 90's... I topped my classes in 2008, so thats another reason to be firstbateyboy!!!
I dont know much about computers, but learning fast and loving it. Spending time on programming this year after learning basics last year. Learned the basics of C++ via Borland last year and currently learning Java via Netbeans. All good.
Currently at this exact second I'm working on an Access database assignment - my first ever database!! Found DANIWEB while searching in Google for help with my query. Looks good, I'm sure to be back regularly.
Um... a little about me...
Going to Fiji this Christmas for my 40th. I'm single, used to be married. I have 2 beautiful daughters who I care fore regularly, and I have an ok relationship with my ex, could be cause I mow her lawns for free.... This year I'm working part time while I study full time; the institution where I study asked me to teach 6 hours a week this semester. So I'm teaching a class/subject I passed last year, and I have 55 students. They are learning Word and Excel to an intermediate level, and 96% of them passed the first exam 2 weeks ago!!
I am a member of the Salvation Army and I attend church every Sunday. I read my bible, I drive a church van, I operate the sound desk, I attend a cell group, I pray, I teach my daughters about Jesus, but none of this makes me a Christian. If I went to McDonald's every Sunday morning, if I visited the McD's website daily, if I followed all the hygiene requirements of the McD's franchise and insisted my family does too, would this make me a hamburger? Maybe a Big Mac? NAAAAA!!! I'm a Christian cause I gave my life to Jesus and He's been controlling me for years. My life is so much better than many because of His leading in my life. I'm far from perfect, but I'm working on it.... I couldn't do the trials and difficulties of life without Jesus. Ask me if you wanna hear of the tough stuff I've been thru. I wont preach, just chat away nicely and let you form your own opinion.
Anyway my favourite saying all thru the year is: Have a Happy Christmas! My favourite colour is blue. I use a Toshiba Satellite, and I drive a Toyota Corolla when I'm not on my Giant Iguana mountain bike. I love Cadbury chocolates, especially the dark peppermint. I'm 6ft 2in and some say I'm handsome, but starting to get a little thin on top. I say I'm looking swell, but some think I sit at my PC too much!!! I say it's thin up top; that's because I'm so good that people are always patting me on the head lots and wearing things out up there!! But, maybe not.
Hobbies: um looking after my daughters (which I love doing!!), ah... computers: both playing games and doing work. Um... cycling, sound technician stuff, eating: I love eating!! Um... Not played much squash this year but I love playing social squash. I'm very clean and tidy. I went to South Korea last year for 4 weeks and LOVED IT!!! All in all I'm flatstick studying and teaching and being a dad and going to church so dont have time for much else.
Life is good!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.