steball 0 Newbie Poster

Name: Matt
Nickname: Stingray (favorite RPG character--mutant humanoid porcupine), Steball (username I picked up in college, just kind of stuck with me)
Height: 5'9''
Weight: 230 (working on that....but not really)
Hair: Brown
Eyes: light blue to dark green (depends on my mood...go figure)
Hobbies: Writing code for my own video games. I went to school to get a BS in computer science, hoping to get into the gaming industry. When that didn't happen I set to work creating my own games, hoping to make a name for myself. I also spend way too much time playing video games. I also enjoy building Lego sets. I've amassed quite a collection in the last 25 years of both video games and Lego's.

Relationship Status: I married my best friend 9 years ago. We now have 3 wonderful boys, ages 7, 4, and 1.

Fav Music: I listen to all flavors of Christian music. My favorite bands are DC Talk, Audio Adrenaline, and Casting Crowns. I can very much relate to CC's "Slow Fade".

Education: Bachelors in Computer Science, plus about 10 years experience in the IT field.

Work: Currently working as a Portal Administrator, but hoping to have my first game completed soon.

Favorite Food: Mexican, my absolute favorite is a classic called the Arizona Burrito, made at a family restaurant called Filberto's, in a boarder town called Sierra Vista, AZ. I also enjoy a good pizza and a little Chinese from time to time.

Favorite Movies: I enjoy all the Disney animated movies, and anything of the like. I'm also big into the the superhero movies as well.

Favorite TV Shows: I love anime, but seldom get the time to watch. I also enjoy cartoons like "Teen Titans" and "Justice League".

Favorite Video Games: I like most RPG series. i.e. The Mana series, Final Fantasy series, Tales series, and anything of the like. My favorite RPG is FF9, but FF7 and FF10 run a very close second and third. Another couple of older favorites are Azure Dreams and Tails of Destiny. It's taken quite a while to get my hands on Azure Dreams, the other I'm still working on.

Stuff you Dislike: Annoying people, people with disgusting habits like smoking, drinking, and chewing. Writers block when I'm in the middle of writing code!!!!

Goals: I would like to land a career with a gaming company, working on RPG's. I've got some ideas for what I think would make some great games. But, as I have yet to convince anyone of my skills, I'm working on my own games. Which leads to another big goal. I want to make a name for myself, by creating some popular games of my own. In either case, I hope to be able to leave my job soon to start a new career as a game developer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.