Welcome hope you like it

:p
Hey u guys !
it's good be here with code-crazy guys
well,i am gonna go out of school and start working
really missing the time i spent last four years!@!

im NaQi ..hope to have a good time here.

forum looks promising with thousands of users.

Hi all......

Heya, folks. Just popping in to wave "hi" and give a bit of an intro. I'm one of those who know enough to be dangerous, and wise enough to know when to call in the help brigade. Mostly I design websites, and am currently in the process of fine-tuning my learning process of XHTML & CSS. Not a programmer ... I leave that to beings of higher consciousness, and bow down before them - and promise not to hack your code!

Otherwise I'm an over-50, single, pamperer of a pillow princess (my dog), living in the middle of the desert in California, living in my 26-RV. And if you've seen my website, you'll probably know more about me than you ever cared to know.

So ... there ya have it :)
Ladee

Hi There,

I came across this site a while back while researching for my computer science dissertation. I wanted to know if anyone could point me in the right direction for some information regarding HCI and webiste performance?

I plan to develop a prototype in .NET that measures size and downloading times for webpages and comparing them with HCI designed sites.

I am aware that there are tools currently in existance that do this, I just wanted to know if anyone can point me in the right direction so that I have more research.

Would appreciate any help!

Haych

Welcome haych! Not exactly sure what HCI is? I would check out either our Computer Science forum or our .NET Forum - if you ask your question there, someone should be able to help you out :) Thsi is just the introduce yourself thread ... so HI! :) And welcome to DaniWeb. Good luck with your research.

Hello everyone I am going to college now major in computer science my name is shay how are you all

I do not have picture of myself to post yet though but when I get one I may post it I need to ask some questions to you privately if I could cscgale is there a way we could chat privately

Someone help me though how can I get the fast codes that help you shut the computer down and shows you how to do things with the touch of a key like alt/f4 and so on what site or what do I click on this site to get this.

Hi, I'm a C++ begginer and right now I'm kind of lost,
Right now I have made some programs using MFS, C++ 6.0,
but still i can't find the way to introduce sound in my programs,
can somebody giveme a hand with this?

Hi! I'm the new kid on this block. I'm a long-time computer guy, but I find myself in need of assistance when it comes to cleaning off all the spyware and adware my family members (surely not I??) get on our home computers.

Larry

Hey there Shay! Welcome ... It looks like you're going to want to start by checking out our Windows Tips 'n' Tweaks forum at http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/forum37.html. You'll be able to get lots of cool tidbits of information on how to get the most out of Windows, including some keyboard shortcuts. In the future though, please don't triple post :) It can begin to get confusing.

And hello there jaureguil ... whoa that was a mouthful of a name, err... a typeful ;) It looks like you're going to want to check out our C++ forum at http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/forum8.html - You might have to wait until morning to get any type of replies though, since it's nearly 2 a.m. here and most of our resident programmers are from the States, which means they're sleeping. (I should be doing that too!)

And helloooo LarryBoy as well! It looks like I should send you off to our Spyware and Nasties forum at: http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/forum64.html

~~~

At 600 posts strong, (and with a tear in my eye) I'm going to close this thread. Our members are the lifeline that holds our community together, and we deserve to get to know each other more than can be accomplished via a single thread.

Therefore, I've just moved this thread from the Geek's Lounge into a brand spankin' new Introductions forum, where it will remain stickied for future reference (and memorabilia!). From now on, new members are encouraged to create new threads in the Introductions forum to be welcomed into our community. Enjoy!

I am James. I am from India. I work for supportlobby. We support windows/linux servers. I can help you clearing doubts regarding linux/windows server management.

Good day.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.