Which 2 got discluded? I know pluto is no longer... I also heard that pluto's moon is bigger than the planet itself.

Pluto's moon is not bigger than Pluto. If it were then Pluto would be the moon. So with the demotion we are down to 8 known planets.

Member Avatar for LastMitch

Which 2 got discluded? I know pluto is no longer... I also heard that pluto's moon is bigger than the planet itself.

RJ is right about it's 8 planets not 7.

In 2012, Apple and Google spent more money on patent lawsuits and patent purchases than on research and development of new products.

In 2012, Apple and Google spent more money on patent lawsuits and patent purchases than on research and development of new products.

Well, what do you expect... computer science is one of those industries where you can copy a product... so they have the right too. I would spend that much money to do that (than sue the companies that copy me and make a profit out of my legal matters :D)

than on research and development of new products

Ha, that explains apple losing it's edge. If the iphone 6 fails or 5s, i am going samsung mobile!

Email has been around longer than the world wide web.

Bill gates designed his house using a mac.

there is a research that shows that more than 70% of images on the web are of stripped woman.

The world's first one gigabyte disk drive was announced in 1980. It weighed 550 pounds and had a price tag of $40,000.

(sorry for a bunch posts, they are good facts :))

There is a type of jellyfish that has been predicted to live FOREVER.

It is called the immortal jellyfish (now I wish I was a jellyfish)....

Good Friday is not consider TGIF.

Hmmm that is probably why we have T.G.I Fridays

They say that if you electrocute the brain, your math skills are increased dramatically (look at Einstein if you know what I mean).

A lawyer tried to prove that a couple shot themselves to death. In order to prove it, he demonstrated it and accidentally shot himself. At least he won the case.

fine.... it is possible or not.

@razib8bd, what are you refering to?

If you get 1 hit at 3 at bats per game then you are consisted a good hitter.

So if you get 2/3 bats... your considered a hall of famer?

And if you hit all 3/3 bats then God or hacker ???

Oh good, then you will debunk the strange facts for us, thank you.

And if you hit all 3/3 bats then God or hacker ???

Nope... you will be considered as a doper or a person that is god of baseball.

April Fools Day

The timing of this day of pranks seems to be related to the arrival of spring,
when nature "fools" mankind with fickle weather, according to the Encyclopedia
of Religion and the Encyclopedia Britannica.

So if you get 2/3 bats... your considered a hall of famer?

kinda.

George Sisler held the record for the most hits in a season (257 hits) until Ichiro Suzuki surpass it by 5 hits (262 hits).

Solar cells are picky. If the incoming photon has too little energy, the cell won’t absorb it. If the photon has too much, the excess is wasted as heat. Today's best solar cells have the efficiency of 25%.

Antimatter is considered to be one of the strongest sources of energy on the planet. If you build a weapon out of antimatter, a small pinch of antimatter (theoritically) can wipe out a state in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimatter_weapon

In 200 BC, when Sparta was at its highest peak, each citizen had 20 slaves.

There were 36 attempts to assassinate hitler, so he killed himself towards the end of war with his day-wife (he married her for a day until they both committed suicide).

9 crewmen survived a plane crash and were captured by japanese and were eaten. The only survivor was George H.W. Bush (world war 2).

President Lincoln's dog was killed by a drunken man, by stabbing.

In 1474, a rooster was burned to the stake because it layed an egg... in switzerland.

A chinese man sued his wife because she delivered an ugly baby. He even won the case.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.