Hello! I've been reading the forums on this site for C++ for about a month now, getting various tips and help from other peoples questions (yes for homework/projects, but isn't that what this site is for, to help?). I'll be strait with you guys, I don't want the answers to problems I've got, just tips and clues that will help me get started. My experience in programming is pretty light, I've taken a "Visual Basics" course for intro to programming and I'm in a C++ class at the moment. My current major is Computer Networking Systems, I'm liking it quite a bit, learning quite a bit of new things. I'm a full time student and a pretty heavy gamer, mostly mmo's but I also try to throw in a bunch of FPS/RTS in the mix as well.
Anyway, just saying hi and looking forward to being a part of the active community!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hello! I've been reading the forums on this site for C++ for about a month now, getting various tips and help from other peoples questions (yes for homework/projects, but isn't that what this site is for, to help?).

Welcome! Yes that is what the site is for. It seems like your are a little apprehensive about mentioning the fact that you received help on homework. We do not mind helping people with homework as long as they show an adequate amount of effort.

Not really, I've never done the whole "Copy/Paste" thing here or ever asked for help directly. I've just googled a phase for a C++ area I'm looking for some information on, and find it through the provided links. No one has had the exact same problem, but similar to an extent.

hi..Welcome to daniweb :)

:) Welcome!

Glad to have you with us!

Hello and Welcome

welcome

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.