I just found out that my wife has been using this site but she says she isnt. Can anyone tell me what use she could be making of it that she needs to keep it from me. (please only serious replies)

Recommended Answers

All 33 Replies

Well, most of the site is for technical discussions and problem solving. The "lounge" forums are just informal places for idle chatter. There certainly are not any "adult-only" type areas on the site, so beyond just chatting with people there isn't really much else to it.

I just found out that my wife has been using this site but she says she isnt.

Well welcome to our site :)

Your wife is most likely here for general chatter like most of us are......

Maybe she came ashore for some computer help and has decided to stay!!!

Whatever the case,we invite the same from you my friend :)

The Dude :)

/Agrees with "The Dude"

daniweb is also like the first hit on google for anything computer related, so she could have clicked it by accident or something

hmmm... I wonder if someone with certain Database-access could find out about who we're talking...

But not to worry: the posts above my own are true as far as I know.
Or maybe I just haven't found the right links yet ;)

Maybe she want to found something that it has a connection with this site...
Don't worry...what she can do here is always about computer, programming, technology, what else... :)

Except for Area 51 ;)

Yes.... That base cant be indexed by google now can it? :D

area 51 is no big mystery. Its basically the reported posts, infractions, and mod chat about people who are being naughty / daniweb business.

I just found out that my wife has been using this site but she says she isnt. Can anyone tell me what use she could be making of it that she needs to keep it from me. (please only serious replies)

Nope, but I can tell you that you really should trust your wife a bit more, and be a lot less paranoid or the relationship is likely to take a nose-dive. Especially if your wife is using this site as she will be able to see you are asking these questions about her if she reads this forum...

commented: Exactly what I was thinking. +7
commented: You win this thread, Davey. +23

if your wife is using this site as she will be able to see you are asking these questions about her if she reads this forum...

LOL

My mistress is computers too.

I wish I could get my wife to use a forum that is as intelligent as this one :D.

Nope, but I can tell you that you really should trust your wife a bit more, and be a lot less paranoid or the relationship is likely to take a nose-dive. Especially if your wife is using this site as she will be able to see you are asking these questions about her if she reads this forum...

happygeek nails it.

Its sad he hasnt posted since.......

maybe a bad internet connection?

or his wife took his internet away :)

In your case I would worry a lot. If your wife gets interested in computer programming, she could turn into a 'computer nun' and totally neglect you!

BTW, your wife wouldn't be a chain saw enthusiast, would she?

I wouldn't know, I've not met her yet :)

Its sad he hasnt posted since.......

Guess what, his wife found out and took him to the woodshed. Now he lives in the doghouse without a computer.

His wife should speak up and say hello :)

(We wont bite -- We promise)

yes she should ;)

Perhaps she is too embarrassed that her husband stormed in to demand what is going on here.
:P

This is probably all just a setup,they are both probably laughing every day @ this thread :D

Wow, this dude disraeli is one heavy poster!

Why post and show everbody how unsmart you are?

maybe he is looking for a really cool avatar.

maybe he is looking for a really cool avatar.

You are probably right, there are some new cool avatars popping up lately. Some even animated like that annoying stuff on the web pages.

there not new, its just recently people discovered there are a few animated ones in the built-in collection (4th order). Only donaters/staff can upload their own animated ones though.

Reverse IP search the original poster (assuming data is avail), match all accounts coming from the same IP, and sort by date of account creation?

Can anybody help me out? I have a list of e-library websites in which I need to develop an e-Library Search Engine, so that any student can just use the search engine to search of information and the results will be displayed on the search engine page like Google. So in a nutshell, a Search Engine that can search within a number of Websites unlike Google that has unlimited number of websites to search through

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.