Remember the time when someone was poisoning Tylenol?

I dont know how many people were affected or if the suspect was ever found. (I dont think they were) I know there were copycats (acid put in eye drops,etc)...

One permanent change it did make was with the packaging of medication....Prior to the incident,pill and other over the counter medications didnt have seal proof packaging (plastic around the lid.)

I just dont understand how someone could be that angry to hurt people they dont even know!!

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

If I remember the incident, you are correct the original poisoner was never caught Later someone poisoned their spouse with Excedrin but when no one caught on, she went out and laced another 5 bottles and someone else died. Then she collected on his accidental death policy. She was caught when her daughter got a guilty conscience. After the Tylenol thing in Chicago, a Federal anti-tampering law was passed - this is what the Excedrin lady was sent to prison for; if she ever gets out, she will probably be charged with murder and put back in.

If I remember the incident, you are correct the original poisoner was never caught Later someone poisoned their spouse with Excedrin but when no one caught on, she went out and laced another 5 bottles and someone else died. Then she collected on his accidental death policy. She was caught when her daughter got a guilty conscience. After the Tylenol thing in Chicago, a Federal anti-tampering law was passed - this is what the Excedrin lady was sent to prison for; if she ever gets out, she will probably be charged with murder and put back in.

No kidding, a woman tamperer, huh? I guess I always assume it's a man when that stuff happens.

I just dont understand how someone could be that angry to hurt people they dont even know!!

Dude, I don't know where to begin on that one. There are lots of really angry people out there with low morals who wanna get back at the world for real or imagined slights and many couldn't care less whether their victim had anything to do with said slights. The complete randomness is a real turn-on for some people.

whats tylenol?

it's an over the counter pain killer.

Hehe i think he knows that..

Its kinda strange they didnt find out who did this if you think about it.

Hey, they still haven't found the guy who mailed anthrax around the country either - I was sure they would catch that person!!

Hehe i think he knows that..

Tylenol is not sold in Europe (at least not under that name).

It's no surprise they never found the responsible person(s). It's pretty easy to leave no evidence behind in a crime like this that can be traced back to you.
So as long as you don't start bragging about it or send out ransom notes demanding money (usually) or you're going to continue doing it it's easy to avoid being caught if you're cautious.

Maybe its like calpol is for kids

Some people i have seen say on this thread they think the GOVT did it.. (Which might be why no one was found)

Hey im open to any ideas about it!

That's just another silly conspiracy theory. Don't believe it.

Are you mad? It wasn't the Government, it was the Bushhitlerite Cheney Mossad CIA conspiracy in cooperation with the Cabal, the Templars, and the Jesuits!

It was a conspiracy by the folks who make plastic tamper-proof seals :P

It was a conspiracy by the folks who make plastic tamper-proof seals :P

Right on! They are also called 'senior proof seals'.

There is an update - the FBI are looking at the guy who was busted for trying to extort millions from manufacturer

Yes i heard that the other day!

Its definetly good news!!

Lesson of the day ---> use only the natural way of healing. Never over-indulge on something. Old folks way of treating sickness is better than the modern ones - unsure if genuine or not. For health guru's advise - seek Ernährung way.

It is worlwide. Nothing to do with Govt.

Lesson of the day ---> use only the natural way of healing. Never over-indulge on something. Old folks way of treating sickness is better than the modern ones - unsure if genuine or not. For health guru's advise - seek Ernährung way.

Yeah - right! Let's bleed people, grind up 'dragon' bones, drink fluids of tigers and bears, - there is no 'best' medicine but there is 'worst' medicine. For my way of thinking, 'do no harm' is probably the best medicine.
Homeopathy is probably the best example of this - give a healthy person increasing doses of a substance until they get sick, the symptoms they show is the illness that substance will cure but only after you dump a teaspoon of the substance into Lake Huron during a storm, come back the next day and bottle the water (ie. the substance can cure the illness only if there is none of the substance left in the dilution - a 10-1 dilution done 10 times).

?

Why did you make this post?
Do you understand your own .sig?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.