Attention guru's!

I build sites with XHTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL and tend to re-use code from previous sites I've built to speed things up.

However, I wonder what tools or trickery you folks use to speed up the process. I'm convinced its the forms in my CMS that slow my production / efficiency down.

Like, I tend to build sites, using one db connection file, two includes(header / footer), take content from the db, use one CSS file, one area for images etc.
But I'm sure I could be doing things a lot quicker.

Also I'm on the look-out for any examples of PHP OOP.
I seem to be creating forms and the validation all the time, when I'm sure I could just re-use 'classes'.

And ways to make my code more 'modular' so I can move it across and re-use it on another site without making too many changes.

Your advice will doubtless be invaluable.

Any help would be fab!
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Really wouldn't mind some tips from the pro's here. Ways you speed up the web site build process. Techniques or maybe even online tools. Anything :) Thank you.

check out dbQwikSite. Commercial PHP code generator for databases. Speeds up development a lot.
www.dbQwikSite.com

FYI, we are the makers of this product.

commented: nice site... +2

im not an expert but I know dreamweaver has snippets that allow you to store sections of code and use that code across different sites

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.