Hello,

This is my first communication on a Blog!!! How is everyone? Royal Oak is a suburb of Detroit - home of the Pistons and Red Wings. I have lived in this area my whole life, although I like the Chicago, IL area better. Lots of activities to do and see downtown like Water Tower Place, the Adler Planetarium and the Museum of Science and Industry to name a few. Toronto, Canada is very nice too.

I have a question:

How does one get into the IT field? I have one class to go before I complete an Associate Degree in Computer Information Systems at a local community college, with a current GPA of 3.78. I have some experience in setting up computers and training people how to use the DBMS software that runs on them. I am currently working as a contract worker at the General Motors Technical Center in Warren, Michigan where my main job function is currently creating reports for people using Seagate Crystal Reports. I also created a Web based response system that employs a Web page and java servlet that makes changes to the Metrology Tracking ( Met/Track ) Database. Unfortunately I will be laid off from this job starting December 1st of this year, although I heard that this layoff may only be temporary. I am also trained in performing equipment tracking using the same DBMS. I also plan to transferr to a another local college to obtain a BS in Business Information Technology. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!!

Hello:
Welcome to the forum site.
Lots to learn here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.