I'm pretty sure this wasn't Narue.

~s.o.s~ commented: Dave, you made my day! :-) +23
stephen84s commented: lolzzz !!!!! +2

Recommended Answers

All 34 Replies

so, added the only appropriate answer to that one :)

Yeah, R0bb0b.. Looks like they finally found someone who is more of a dumbass than you.

I do not know what they been thinking of when they decided to go for that name "Georgia". The state name in their language is Gruzya and is similar across all Easter European languages (well their are all Slavik origin ;) )...

lord have mercy:?:

lord have mercy:?:

I may :D

commented: Haha +9

There are quite a few US military advisers in this Georgia country trying to rearm Georgia to NATO standards. Maybe the Russians want to get get even with the Georgians for sending them the one thing that has killed more Russians than aything else --> Joseph Stalin!

I find it strange that the Bush policy is to urinate on the Russians over some small cow dung country. Let's face it the Russians have plenty of nukes, and we need their close cooperation in the war on terror!

Osetia is to the Georgians what Kosovo was to the Serbians. So, when Georgia does a little landgrab and cleansing it's okay with the US?

Too bad the next Olympic games are not in Russia, or we could boycott that again! Maybe we should move the next games to Gruzya.

It was actually the Russians in South Osetia who did the landgrab and decided that the province is now part of Russia, never asking the majority of the population who are Georgians and want to remain part of Georgia.
Those Russians are there because Stalin put them there for precisely that purpose, to control the locals.

Looks like a game of "he said she said"

Russia issued Russian passports to anyone in South Osetia who wanted one, then armed them, then sent in 'militia' - when Georgia responded, Russian sent in their army to protect all their 'citizens'. Probably similar to when the Germans went into Poland (etc) to protect the ethnic Germans. The homes of non-South Osetians have been burned and run over by tanks so that there is no possibility of recovery. The area has essentially been 'cleansed' of Georgians.

Note the sabre-rattling that Russia has been vocalizing wrt the Ukraine - look for a move in that direction within the next couple years (months?).

WE call it Georgia, they probably still call it by their own name.

Strange that Georgia thought they could simply attack Osetia. What made the Russians angry was that they used German guns to do it!

Probably similar to when the Germans went into Poland (etc) to protect the ethnic Germans.

Heh. This reminded me of some recent Pat Buchanon works.
:icon_razz:

Heh. This reminded me of some recent Pat Buchanon works.
:icon_razz:

Are we supposed to read all of these without getting brain damage?

What does this K rated country have to do with King George anyway?

Are we supposed to read all of these without getting brain damage?

No possible risk of harm for you then.

commented: :icon_lol: +16
commented: Nasty stuff, keep it clean! -1

No possible risk of harm for you then.

Do I detect some jealousy Dave?

I thought that was so funny that I used that line at a party"
"Have you heard about all the military activity in Georgia - The Russians moved in and got withing 10 miles of the capital - bombs were dropping, it was terrible"
<<beat,beat>>
"I just got an email from a friend in Atlanta and he has not seen any tanks or heard any bombs?"

Took them a minute to change gears and laugh.

On Google map the whole place is simply blank! Why is this place so important?

On Google map the whole place is simply blank! Why is this place so important?

There are only 2 pipelines out of the huge Central Asian oil fields - one goes through Dagestan and Chechnya to Novorossisk, the other west to the Georgian port of Supsa. I have added a map of Georgia and a map of oil pipelines so you can see what Russia is fighting for (the port of Supsa is the key). In the works are plans for 5 more oil pipelines; China is willing to build one all the way to China, paying all the expenses. Russia wants one through it, the west wants another one through Georgia. The cheapest route is through Iran as it already has an extensive pipeline system but US sanctions block this idea. If Afghanistan ever settles down, that is another possible route.

Russia has already shutdown the pipelines it controls as punishment against one of the old Soviet breakaway states which also cut Europe off. As you might imagine, Europe does not think giving Russia more control of their energy is a good idea.

So it's oil again, worth bombing any country into submission, even Russia?

Hey - they learned from George that regime change in the name of oil is a good thing.

I heard on NPR that the poor folks in Georgia still don't know that their army attacked first, because of the government controlled media there never told them.

Is a democracy of misinformed or uninformed people really a democracy?

their army did not attack first. They responded to violence by Russian supported separatists.

It was no different from had the US Army moved into Montana to take on the Montana Liberation Front who want to quit the Union and join Canada, despite the majority of the population not wanting that.

Is a democracy of misinformed or uninformed people really a democracy?

Absolutely. One of democracy's main tenets is that an uninformed, misinformed, lazy, stupid citizen's vote counts as much as an informed, industrious, intelligent citizen's vote. If you spend ten hours deciding which candidate to vote for by delving into all of his positions and finally decide that he's the right guy based on his twelve point plan to save social security and I vote against him because him because I don't like people with mustaches, our votes cancel each other out.

Absolutely. One of democracy's main tenets is that an uninformed, misinformed, lazy, stupid citizen's vote counts as much as an informed, industrious, intelligent citizen's vote. If you spend ten hours deciding which candidate to vote for by delving into all of his positions and finally decide that he's the right guy based on his twelve point plan to save social security and I vote against him because him because I don't like people with mustaches, our votes cancel each other out.

No wonder GWB won a second term so easily.

No wonder GWB won a second term so easily.

And why the rest of us may have to put up with concept of Lardmeister voting. :D

commented: hehe :D +2

And why the rest of us may have to put up with concept of Lardmeister voting. :D

I am sure we can distract him enough - no, wait - it is you we want to distract. Look, Dave - over there, a bright shiny object.

commented: :LOL: ---- where? :p +16

I am sure we can distract him enough - no, wait - it is you we want to distract. Look, Dave - over there, a bright shiny object.

Lardmeister. :icon_lol:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.