I found this over at Think Progress:

One of the distinguishing characteristics of modern American conservatism is that it believes in a curious concept of “color blindness.” In this view, racism is bad. But absent truly egregious behavior, it’s not something you’d really get all that upset about nor is it something you should be really attuned do. But so-called “political correctness” — meaning something like anti-racism that’s gone too far — is a really serious problem. Any hint of political correctness is worth getting upset about. And the views of actual members of racial minorities as to what is and isn’t racist should be completely discounted. Rather than saying that the prudent and decent white person will steer a mile clear of racist activity — sending out “Barack the Magic Negro” CDs, for example — the best course of action is to deliberately drive straight at the line and then get really upset at anyone who says you’ve crossed it.

This probably belongs here but what the heck.

Every time Conservatives get into power and screw things up [...]

Would it be possible for you to list a few of these folks that you think are conservatives that are screwing things up? A good hunk of conservatives would call Bush a lefty. I'm trying to recall any conservative charge coming out of Washington since the Contract with America.

Would it be possible for you to list a few of these folks that you think are conservatives that are screwing things up? A good hunk of conservatives would call Bush a lefty. I'm trying to recall any conservative charge coming out of Washington since the Contract with America.

Where are the DW archives?? I would like to see your posts on Bush over the last 8 years.

More commentary:

Well, this may be the time to link to this just so we can understand just how far the 'conservatives' will go to try and blind us to the truth.

FWIW

When I made this request Where are the DW archives?? I would like to see your posts on Bush over the last 8 years., I was really asking what were you saying about President Bush during his first 6 years of presidency. I am pretty sure that the conservatives were already throwing Bush under the bus during the last 2 years of his presidency; and they were all chanting "He is not a conservative". But during his first 6 years he was their darling. I am betting that were pro-Bush and ranting about BDS. Now you suffer from ODS and it cripples your critical thinking, imho.

Just so you get a feeling for ODS and its affects on thinking - here is one of those well-crafted missives from the right:

“I read your pathetic Oboma ass kissing site and you people are fucking morons. I saw you on TV and you look like a little smug faggot. I think all liberals should paint themselves black and find some black ass to have gay sex with. You people are a disgrace to the white race and to America. Your bastard president and he is a bastard cuz his white mom was a single whore when she got knocked up with him. He is a one termer, he lied, he duped, he brainwashed Americans and now they are GETTING it. You live by your whacked out biased polls, I dont need fucking numbers to see what Americans minus the liberals think of this disgusting person and his dog face bucked teeth wife. THEY ARE HATED. I CAN ONLY HOPE HE DROPS FUCKING DEAD .”

conservatives are funny. it's amazing how they can so completely jettison every fundamental, foundational tenet of their political ideology, then turn around and say its the fault of the liberal media or some such when their bacchanalian orgy of cut-and-spend fiscal policy blows up in their face.

liberals on the other hand are kind of a sad case. even when they get all power they still act like they dont know WTF to do with it, and destroy any chance of organization by accepting every fruity idea that comes across the plate in the name of 'tolerance', while arguing themselves in circle over the most trivial matters.

in short, conservatives are more exciting. give them power and they'll go and blow a bunch of stuff up, destroy a few nations, wreck the economy, and shift the blame to someone else when no one's looking.

whereas liberals just sit around navel gazing themselves into a state of stupefied paralysis.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.