Hello everyone;

My name is Lesley Vincent and I live in Coburg, Melbourne, Victoria - Australia.

I am a young 50 year old female, who while trying to repair errors on my home/buisness computer, came across this web site and decided to join because of the qulaity of current members.

I have been working with home computers for many years - first buying one when I did not even know how to switch it on. From there I am completely self taught and have used forums like this one to help solve many problems. However, with my current problem, even though I have found a lot of advice on other communit sites like this one, on what to do and have tried everything - nothing to date has worked.

I use my computer for VERY IMPORTANT and CONFIDENTIAL information - pertentant to other Organisations/Government Organisations and people where confidentiality is vital and essential and am really in a possition where I need to keep all the information I currently have on my computer, at any one time, without loosing any of it - the information is irreplacable!!.

I do regular back ups and put VERY IMPORTANT information onto memory sticks - but they are of no use unless you have another computer to access, which in my case I do at the monent, which is lucky.

I am becoming increasinly tech savvy and less and less computer iliterate - but still need help at times and this forum seem to me, the best place to get advice from.

So Hello to everyone - I have a doozy to start with in my first thread - and I am hoping some one can help me because I have exhausted all other avenues and am reaching the point of shear desperation after 7 days and nights on this problem.

Welcome to daniweb!

I use my computer for VERY IMPORTANT and CONFIDENTIAL information - pertentant to other Organisations/Government Organisations and people where confidentiality is vital and essential ...... I do regular back ups and put VERY IMPORTANT information onto memory sticks

I do hope those memory sticks are encrypted and that said pc is not also used for home use...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.