From News.com.

Resigning Federal Communications Commission chairman Michael Powell's unrepentant hands-off views on broadband have set in motion a high-stakes battle over the future of the U.S. telecommunications industry that will continue long after his departure.

Powell, appointed chairman by President Bush in January 2001, leaves behind a booming, substantially deregulated marketplace that has embraced high-speed Internet connections, wireless and voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) in ways that were nearly unimaginable in the 1990s.

All I can say is good riddance! Hopefully the next person that fills this position wont go anal over another boob slipping out here and there. They FCC should stay out of dictating what content is ok/not ok for the viewing public.. people can decide for themselves what they want to see or not see by using their remote control, instead they need to focus more on regulatory issues.

From News.com. All I can say is good riddance! Hopefully the next person that fills this position wont go anal over another boob slipping out here and there. They FCC should stay out of dictating what content is ok/not ok for the viewing public.. people can decide for themselves what they want to see or not see by using their remote control, instead they need to focus more on regulatory issues.

You posted the SAME exact thread on my site. I'm wondering if you're trying to pull of a M6.net scheme...

These two stories are the only ones that I know of that I have posted on my own forum, GV, and a few others. I was just sharing the news..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.