okay here goes

i am about to take my gcses and i want to become a programmer and dont have the fogyist idea on what that invoilves

i am planning to do a 2 year btec and was wondering what kind of careers you can get from following on to university and what experiences people have found the best thankyou

Contributors
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by hollystyles

If you do well at University you can pretty much do what you like, gaining a degree shows you've got apptitude, getting the job you want is down to networking and throwing mud up the wall, eventually some will stick.

I studied BTEC Busines and Finace and the HND Business and Finance at University. After 4 years stagnating in a bank I decided I wanted to be a programmer (computers were a hobby up to this point), I signed up with every IT Recruitment office I could find and looked up every single passing aquaintence I could think off.

Eventually It turned out my old scout leader had just taken over the IT Dept at his firm and was looking for a junior. He arranged an interview and I got the job (on miserable pay but you have to make sacrifices to get what you want) . The rest is history.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.