Hi - Spent best part of an hour writing a thread to intoduce myself yesterday evening, only to have it lost in the ether it seems! So this is a shortened version:
My name is Paul. I'm from Portsmouth (GB) and employed as an electronics engineer.
Likes: most sci-fi films and sci-fi tv shows, astronomy, walking and reading, most things chocolate!
dislikes: Sprouts, liars and taxis drivers who think they rule the road.
Newbie to programming, but get a kick out of it, especially when I solve a problem.
Started out a year or two back when I started to read up about C. Read half the book on C and was really enjoying it before someone suggested I should be reading up on C++ "..as that is what everyone does these days!". Managed to get up to and just about understand about inheritance before someone else suggested I should go into web design (HTML, CSS, Java script, PHP). Recently brought a new computer with XP installed and had my old pc converted to Linux Ubuntu 9.4, which I am currently trying to learn the cmds for the terminal command line.
So much coding to learn and do, so little time to do it in!
Thanks for reading.

Hello Paul, welcome to daniweb.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.