I was just wondering how biased pc gamer was? are they impartial or extremely biased towards one thing or another? I was reading an article in there magazines about speakers, and they are really playing up creative lab's speakers(i.e. "Creative labs is the only manufacturer selling decent systems."). Are there speakers good? Or does creative labs sponsor PC gamer?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

It is true that they make very good sound systems but in my opinion there are others that also produce great speakers.

You should NEVER rely on a single product review. Read a range of reviews about a product you consider purchasing, and also use Google to search for 'productname review'

Creative does make some very kick ass products (sound cards at the least). I have some great logitech speakers that have served me well for 3 years now.

I'm looking at moving to klispch in the next few years :) They are the definitive best. Very high quaility, however fairly high cost :)

By the way, publications tend to review the products they can get their hands on. It is simply not the case that all such publications can obtain each and every component or peripheral that gets made available for sale.

Oh, well I wasnt trying to review that product specifically, but just in general. But I will research more than one source when I do decide to buy something Catweazle. Im thinking about getting a subscription to PC World, does anybody else have a good PC hardware magazine they might recommend?

Creative does make some very kick ass products (sound cards at the least). I have some great logitech speakers that have served me well for 3 years now.

I'm looking at moving to klispch in the next few years :) They are the definitive best. Very high quaility, however fairly high cost :)

klipsch... so sweet. I have to content myself with my logitech Z-560 speakers though. Cyber Acoustics also make resonable quality systems for the price.

Just because PC Gamer gave one suspect review, doesn't mean you're going to fare better elsewhere.

I like PC Gamer, and would recommend it, perhaps try PC Format if you want more hardware info whilst keeping some gaming aspects. I also like GigaHrz Magazine to read, but I don't trust the reviews. I read PC World once and didn't like it, too many adds, not enough content, but as previously stated, if you buy a magazine, just read some extra reviews online before you feel you can trust what is said by the magazine, or you have the same opinions as the writers.

In my opinion, and not a good opinion at that, most speakers are about as good as each other if you stick to the main brands. Just buy the set that will look the sexiest on your desk. For me thats Altec Lansing

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/altec_speakers.html

Yeah, I tend not to rely on one source - sometimes one site may say it's the best product ever, whilst others may say the product is not so great.
What would be best if u can find somewhere that can demo the prodcut.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.