I have Windows XP Pro OEM on a custom PC.
Have installed the PC-Cam 350 software onto My PC and now it
does not show me my photos from the camera--- only all blackness.

Also the camera does not take live video of me in a test set up.

After these items have been worked out/ resolved then I would really like to
take 'on screen monitor snapshots' of different web pages or PC 'settings' for future use.

This camera has worked well in the past --live online video and regular photos.
So I know I am not working with a dud.

webtor

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Sounds like you got the wrong software, as for the screen shots did you know there's a key called "prt sc" its called print screen and it basically is like selecting whatever is on your monitor and copying it to the clipboard. Just go into paint and paste the picture then.

I have Windows XP Pro OEM on a custom PC.
Have installed the PC-Cam 350 software onto My PC and now it
does not show me my photos from the camera--- only all blackness.

You say software did you load the drivers ,I have a pc cam 300,and you need drivers for the still and then it install the motion video drivers.If you need the drivers get them here .to Install the drivers unplug your camera ,install drivers ,then plug in the camers and windows will set it up

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp

It's always best to try using Windows XP's inbuilt 'Scanner and Camera' functionality before loading camera software or drivers. In most cases, the Installation CD can stay in the box unused.

Windows XP will use the 'Scanner and Camera Wizard' to download images to your system, allowing you to name a Folder for them to be stored in. It will also delete the images from the camera for you if you wish.

Any common image editing software would be a better choice than the Software which is usually supplied with digital cameras. In fact, using the supplied software often 'hides' your images deep inside the program directory, or stores them in uncommon file formats.

as far as drivers go It was the only way i could get the thing to work ,when i bought mine it had no CD ,i got a deal because of that !! so i tried to use it with out drivers ,all i got was unrecionized usb device when i plugged it in .as for software we use ACDsee all 3 useers and we know excatly where they go and what format they are being saved in.the pc350 being a Delux web cam and not just a still camera ,it doesen't show up as another drive letter,i think the proper drivers are a must to make it work right

You say software did you load the drivers ,I have a pc cam 300,and you need drivers for the still and then it install the motion video drivers.If you need the drivers get them here .to Install the drivers unplug your camera ,install drivers ,then plug in the camers and windows will set it up

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp

Spent almost 1 hour with Creative this morning -- phone support -- and still negative ( downloded the latest on their drivers during the session ).
They say I could be missing some MS drivers and yet I have visited MS twice
within this encounter and MS scans obviously are not giving me the goods.

A hint here is that a hacker friend :cool: and I got this thing working very well during a 1+ hour session over the phone using MS Messenger?? + whatever his many other skills allowed him to make it happen.
It was a pet project for him that then had no immediate benefit for me at that time as I have GOTOMYPC.com remote viewing as a loaded facility.
After a crash and losing everything (period) I am rebuilding.
My hacker friend is persuing a university computer science degree
and we do not have mutually convenient contact times :sad:.
I now have an ebay immediate project to persue and hence the new importance within this comm.
Thanks,
webtor.

do you have anyother USB devices attached and working on you computer .

do you have anyother USB devices attached and working on you computer .

Yes. HP deskjet 5150
thats all.

Additional info,.

Have linksys 8 port workgroup switch-- model EZXS88W
Have IOGEAR 8port PS/2 KVM switch
Have 2 pc's on this hook-up -- one of which is out of action and is potentially???? a ?? no hard drives in at this time. HMMM . Can't imagine for a moment that this could be used for???? by outsiders.
Even though it is within my loop. As long as the DSL jack is plugged in
it shows up as being networked within my group on the Linksys as per above.
Duhh. Anything is possible.

Comments Pls.

Yes. HP deskjet 5150
thats all.

Additional info,.

Have linksys 8 port workgroup switch-- model EZXS88W
Have IOGEAR 8port PS/2 KVM switch
Have 2 pc's on this hook-up -- one of which is out of action and is potentially???? a ?? no hard drives in at this time. HMMM . Can't imagine for a moment that this could be used for???? by outsiders.
Even though it is within my loop. As long as the DSL jack is plugged in
it shows up as being networked within my group on the Linksys as per above.
Duhh. Anything is possible.

Comments Pls.

Additional info:
MS optical mouse connected to KVM switch.
Both pc's have same M / board inside..
Both pc's have zone alarm 4.0 ( when both are operational )
PC #1 --was 98se--out of action
PC #2 is XP Pro ( and what a pain it is ).

My OEM version of XP Pro is in great need of drivers beyond what an MS scan reads to me after an online scan.

Over to you.
Thanks.
webtor.

lost me ,i was just checking to see if you had another usb device working ,that means you usb controller is installed .don't know what else to tell you .batteries ok in you camera ??

Thanks for your help and advices:lol:

Batteries OK.

Have downloaded a software uninstaller that reports on ALL details of what U want to uninstall.
Would you believe that PC-CAM 350 was deleted several times and still remained there.
Even with this uninstaller it managed to come back.
At this time I have unplugged the single remaining USB device ( HP deskjet 5150 ) and I will attempt another PC-CAM install after re- inspecting for any remnants through the uninstaller.
I will advise later.
Thanks again
:p

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.