I'm 86 and not too well being blessed with Parkinsons's, so I won't get here much unless I need help. My PC is about 6 years old and I just replaced the clock battery, and the power supply fan (old one had just sleeve bearings which failed to start sometimes). It is not a speedie one and maybe I have more files in start up than needed. Someone mentioned their mother's PC getting old so I would suggest checking out need for the the clock battery.

I'm 86 and not too well being blessed with Parkinsons's, so I won't get here much unless I need help. My PC is about 6 years old and I just replaced the clock battery, and the power supply fan (old one had just sleeve bearings which failed to start sometimes). It is not a speedie one and maybe I have more files in start up than needed. Someone mentioned their mother's PC getting old so I would suggest checking out need for the the clock battery.

Why not just buy a used, working pc?
And throw away that old junk (your problem).

If you can be more specific, maybe I can walk you through.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.