Ever felt like you need to do SOMETHING, but you don't know what. You are sitting at your pc, thinking about coding and finishing that app. 10 minutes later you are so bored you start surfing. 20 minutes later you start a game. 10 minutes later you install something. You know you have to finish your coding, but just not feeling up to it right then. What do you do to overcome this?

Recommended Answers

All 26 Replies

Turn off the computer? Just an idea.

just masturbate.

commented: lol... probably not appropriate but funny nonetheless +0

DO nothing, have a good sleep then!

just masturbate.

After [attached pic]? ;)

Although, for some reason, Calvin looks like John Constantine from Hellblazer.

Just dreaming.
That's the perfect way , in dreams we can do anything !!!!!

anything ...
:twisted: :)

Talk to someone that u trust, or u can just hold tight the one u love and do nothing!

commented: oh ffs +0

Take a break and finish a can of tuna fish, it's brain food.

Oh,
Like writer's block,
this is programmer's block?

Well, I am really not good at handling that kind of problems. SO i guess I will just share it with the one that I trust best, and ask him to tell me what to do!

If i am that bored i go and garden. Or practice piano :)

If i am that bored i go and garden. Or practice piano

Sounds good :) I'll be starting piano lessons soon, expensive though. When I'm bored, I'll try something new, for example i've started getting into photography now, here are some I've taken fairly recently.

Why do people limit themselves to the PC only sometimes? :icon_lol:

Why do people limit themselves to the PC only sometimes?

Haha exactly, i try and make my gardening as edible as possible personally. My strawberries are my favourite. :P

But good luck with piano, i have been playing ever since i was 5. Doesn't mean i'm that good :P but i still have soo much fun.

EDIT: WOoo 800 posts :)

Sounds good :) I'll be starting piano lessons soon, expensive though. When I'm bored, I'll try something new, for example i've started getting into photography now, here are some I've taken fairly recently.

William, great pictures. I especially like the Lighting up the Path pic. They look very professional. Keep up the good work.
Also, good luck with piano. Learning an instrument takes lots of patience and practice.

William, great pictures. I especially like the Lighting up the Path pic. They look very professional. Keep up the good work.
Also, good luck with piano. Learning an instrument takes lots of patience and practice.

Why thanks :) I'll be getting this camera soon [link], I can't wait. Those pictures were taken with my awful Samsung S570, it will be nice to use a real camera for once.

Why thanks :) I'll be getting this camera soon [link], I can't wait. Those pictures were taken with my awful Samsung S570, it will be nice to use a real camera for once.

That is an expensive camera :-O

Pics do look really good though :)

Oh, u can try not to push yourslef so hard, and U can just leave it aside, and don't think about it!

I just think for a while and try to relax.Then I manage my time when I have to do wat.Then again I start with a fresh mind.

That is an expensive camera

Sure is, combining my own money and christmas to be able to afford it. After that, the next step is to save up for [link].
What an expensive hobby :idea:

You have no choice, u can only wait, and think it over. It is much better than a rush decision!

When im bored I go on Daniweb ,of course!

You must get bored *a lot* :P

I usually:
1. Research.. trying to set myself into, vb.net, java, python, c++ etc.. everything ! I need the knowledge!
2. Watch TV/Series/Movies
3. Forcing my friends to make tiny "Hello World!" apps.. usually fails... -.-

You must get bored *a lot* :P

Yep, im a nighthawk. Sleep in the afternoon instead of the night so i can be up when guys over the pound are coming back from work.

I am with you on this one!! Sometimes, I do a drive-by on some rightwing nutjob site and poke them a bit.

I have a cat to entertain; now that I have my garlic in for the season, that pretty much wraps up gardening for me.

Yep, im a nighthawk. Sleep in the afternoon instead of the night so i can be up when guys over the pound are coming back from work.

Same here.. I spend most of the night on here :)

But then I work graveyard shift in a very quiet callcenter so I have plenty of time to be bored :)

I also have done some photography, although not recently.. some of it is still up at http://stuff.elvenblade.com/camera if anyone is interested.

Same here.. I spend most of the night on here :)

But then I work graveyard shift in a very quiet callcenter so I have plenty of time to be bored :)

I also have done some photography, although not recently.. some of it is still up at http://stuff.elvenblade.com/camera if anyone is interested.

Make a few friends in china so you have people to talk to :) Also, you have some pretty neat photos there, with a little bit of touching, they could be even nicer. Like this into this.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.