Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

interesting site, will have to see how objective they are though (oftentimes individual quotes from the Qu'ran (and other religious scriptures like the Bible) are taken out of context to make them appear to say something they don't).

Whats your point?

Why does there have to be a point? It was simply an interesting link.

Sorry,I was mentioning to Jwenting.

My mistake. I thought you were referring to the topic post :D

Actually, jwenting has a very good point. I'd consider it rather important, with the current state of world affairs, that everybody do a bit of learning about Islam. There's simply far too much misinformation floating around. We should never simply read one source though, and take it as ultimate truth at face value. We should read wider, question, and only form opinion after we've adequately done so.

Could not agree more Catweazle,

The true faith and motives of Islam has been soiled by recent acts of inhuman people.

People have to understand, Islam, a religion of mercy, does not permit terrorism.

In the Qur'an, It is said:

"Allah does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers" [Qur'an 60:8]

Quran also speaks,

"...whoever killed a single human being... it is as if he has killed all mankind and whoever saves the life of one it is as if he has saved all mankind" [Qur'an 5:32]

This is a good link,

http://thetruereligion.org/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=63

PS:If I said anything against the forum rules.You got my permission to delete my Post.

That's exactly what I meant. I've seen sites and publications taking isolated phrases from the Q'uran (and the Bible and others) out of context to justify murdering people.
That's exactly what Islamic terrorists do of course, and in the past what the Spanish Inquisition used to do, and there are and have been many other examples of such behaviour.

I agree that Islam when taken purely from the Qu'ran doesn't condone (let alone advocate) physical violence against anyone except in self defense (in fact, the term Jihad which is often abused to mean armed conflict to spread the faith originally was meant to indicate pilgrim work, spreading the gospel like catholic priests did who went to African and Asian villages to set up clinics and schools).
But as all religions the Q'uran isn't the only source of wisdom for those who practice Islam and many Islamic groups (especially the more violent ones) adhere more to other writings which often do preach violent actions against those not of the faith (which led in modern day Turkey for example to people being murdered after converting to Islam under torture in the 17th and 18th century and maybe even later).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.