Hi everyone. Just dropping in to introduce myself to the DaniWeb community.

I am Alan Wilcox, an aspiring Web developer/IT guy, who came here in the first place because... well... I do not have a clue about some things, know a bit about others, and have lots of opinions that probably need to be swayed.

Outside of IT, I like the outdoors (except for mosquito season... you'll still find me outside, swatting with a few interlaced curse words), a bit of fishing and hunting, off-road motorcycling and snowmobiling when I get a chance, and like music ranging from Bach to Charlie Daniels to Avenged Sevenfold.

I'm married and have three kids, a nearly 6 year old and nearly 3 year old twins (a boy and a girl). Speaking of that, I actually had someone ask me, after finding out they were boy and girl, if they were identical twins. Hmmmm, seems like one of those "here's your sign" scenarios to me.

So, I am, like so many these days, looking for work. Until then, you can find me with a rag and a spray bottle cleaning windshields at... well, okay, it hasn't gotten that bad quite yet. Soon, though. Very soon.

I hope I can help some of you out as much as your comments and advice have helped me. Thanks to everyone on the DaniWeb discussions!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Welcome to the forum! Have a wonderful stay.

Hello everyone
I am ozrot and new to this community. I don't know there is this is the right place to post this message or not. As I am new I can I don't have enough idea about this site so can you guys help to understand.

Hello Alan, nice to meet you :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.