rdway 0 Newbie Poster

Yes, it is yet another career switch to IT post... I currently work as a property manager, but I have always wanted to pursue a career as an IT Professional. I have been talked out of doing it 2 or 3 times. I now have a wife, a 2.5 year old, and one on the way that I am supporting. I just realized that even at 30, it is not too late to do this. I also think it is worthwhile to pursue something I would be happier doing.

I will be studying on my own online using Edulearn, which seems to be a sufficient and reasonable resource.

First I plan to get CompTIA certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, and Server+.

Next up would be MCSE and MCITP.

I don't know if I should try to get a job in the field after CompTIA, or after the two Microsoft Certs.

I guess my questions are:

1) Does the track make sense so far? If not, what should I do differently or add to?

2) Job ASAP after CompTIA or wait for Microsoft Certs?

3) What certifications should I pursue next?

4) What are the most lucrative certifications/jobs in the IT world? I'm really hoping to understand which certifications perform the best, from 70K to 100K. I know this will be much later, but it is a career. I want to aim my efforts and education toward the maximum benefit for myself and my family.

Thanks in advance for any feedback, strait talk, wisdom, and/or encouragement. It will be very helpful in making this decision.