Hi - I'm a retired mainframe programmer but an illiterate PC user. I have a Toshiba Setellite laptop (3.04, 80 GB). My main interest is in multi media and am interested in learning how to make VCD's and DVD's from a camcorder, copying movies for my own use that are not copyright protected and learning how to burn CD's and DVD's. I sometimes have trouble viewing DVD's and VCD's I have burnt on my own external DVD burner (-R).

Right now my laptop starts up very very slow. I have McAfee and the free versions of AVG, MSN antispyware, and spysweeper installed. I wonder if Yahoo messenger is the culprit bcoz it takes too long for it to come on? Is there a way I can keep Yahoo messenger but leave it out of my startup program?
Any help will be appreciated.

Contributors
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by DMR

Hi Sugona- welcome :)

We don't deal with technical problems in this particular forum, but if you post your Yahoo messenger question in the Windows Software forum we can probably help you out.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.