The 45th annual edition of the Super Bowl in American football will be played on Sunday February 6, 2011, at the Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. It will pit the AFC champion Pittsburgh Steelers against the NFC champion Green Bay Packers to decide the NFL champion for the 2010 season.

Get lots of beer and junk food so you can enjoy the game properly in front of the largest TV screen possible with your best friends.

I like the Green Bay Packers, just my personnel feelings.

Votes + Comments
love green bay
Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by diafol

It's like all "American" sports, more stop than start.

Pray tell, what is the sport of your nation that puts the "American" sports to shame.

How long does the average American football match last and what percentage of that time is actually play?

Start to finish

Football: ~105-110 mins, 90 mins play ~83.7%
Rugby: ~95-100 mins, 75-80 mins play ~79.4%

How long does the average American football match last and what percentage of that time is actually play?

Just think about all the time it took in ancient Rome to remove the dead bodies and severed parts from the Colosseum.

How many players in a team? I couldn't keep track of it. How long does each player play? Seems that every time I looked up from my book, a different bunch of players were on. Don't get me wrong I find it entertaining, but those guys must on some type of happy pills. Run a few yards and they party like it's the New Year.

I haven't really watched any of it since the double-blitzing Chicago Bears were all-powerful. That was about 20 years ago? Didn't the Packers used to be really rubbish?

It's a tough game despite all the padding, protective gear and helmets. A lot of injured players need replacing.

Who won anyway? I had to go to bed before the end - it was really late here. Thought the Packers were playing the best when I turned in.

//EDIT
WRT padding/helemts etc - I appreciate that it's a tough old game. But, how much better would it be without all that paraphernalia? Like an extreme mix of sumo, jiu jitsu, rugby and Aussie No-Rules. Now that I would watch every week!

Edited by diafol: n/a

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.