The 45th annual edition of the Super Bowl in American football will be played on Sunday February 6, 2011, at the Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. It will pit the AFC champion Pittsburgh Steelers against the NFC champion Green Bay Packers to decide the NFL champion for the 2010 season.

Get lots of beer and junk food so you can enjoy the game properly in front of the largest TV screen possible with your best friends.

I like the Green Bay Packers, just my personnel feelings.

vegaseat commented: love green bay +0

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

It's like all "American" sports, more stop than start.

So, what do the rest of the world do?

It's like all "American" sports, more stop than start.

Pray tell, what is the sport of your nation that puts the "American" sports to shame.

How long does the average American football match last and what percentage of that time is actually play?

Start to finish

Football: ~105-110 mins, 90 mins play ~83.7%
Rugby: ~95-100 mins, 75-80 mins play ~79.4%

The median pay of professional American football players is about $800,000 per season.
The San Francisco 49ers have the highest median pay at $1,177,280 and the St. Louis Rams
the lowest at $537,990 (2010 regular season).

Source: http://content.usatoday.com/sportsdata/football/nfl/salaries/team

You're just jealous that the "TV timeout" was invented in the States. ;)

lol, yeah i hate the way the sport gets in the way of the adverts:)

i live in steeler country, and i hate the steelers. LETS GO PACK!

How long does the average American football match last and what percentage of that time is actually play?

Just think about all the time it took in ancient Rome to remove the dead bodies and severed parts from the Colosseum.

probably just let some animals out there to eat the parts

Member Avatar for diafol

How many players in a team? I couldn't keep track of it. How long does each player play? Seems that every time I looked up from my book, a different bunch of players were on. Don't get me wrong I find it entertaining, but those guys must on some type of happy pills. Run a few yards and they party like it's the New Year.

I haven't really watched any of it since the double-blitzing Chicago Bears were all-powerful. That was about 20 years ago? Didn't the Packers used to be really rubbish?

It's a tough game despite all the padding, protective gear and helmets. A lot of injured players need replacing.

Member Avatar for diafol

Who won anyway? I had to go to bed before the end - it was really late here. Thought the Packers were playing the best when I turned in.

//EDIT
WRT padding/helemts etc - I appreciate that it's a tough old game. But, how much better would it be without all that paraphernalia? Like an extreme mix of sumo, jiu jitsu, rugby and Aussie No-Rules. Now that I would watch every week!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.