Interesting video clip. I didn't know who the hell Ron Paul was or what he looked like until that clip. There's little to disagree with if you're an agnostic/independent, but methinks the Fox Live interviewer had his tongue firmly up the congressman's derriere.
yes, anyone who doesn't agree with your leftist ideas must be a rightwing christian fundamentalist racist radical.
that's exactly the Dhimmycrat Partei official position, after all.
The problem with the US isn't that taxes are too low, far from it.
- taxes are way too high, causing people to not invest
- taxes are way too high, causing people to have no money to spend on goods and services (related to prior of course)
- people are punished for success through taxes, thus there's no incentive to innovate or excel at your job and gain promotions (and thus higher pay)
- there are FAR too many bureaucrats doing effectively nothing except pushing paper to "regulate" and "control" meaningless, stifling, laws and regulations (if they're doing anything at all, there's very regular reports about government workers being found to have been at home, with full pay, not doing any work, for over a decade, while technically still having a job to do, before being finally found out and fired (and then often heavily compensated to prevent wrongful termination suits)
- those regulations often make (even without the skyhigh taxes) investment and starting/expanding businesses impossible or so unattractive people just give up trying and either flee the country to set up shop elsewhere or move their money out and retire
The solution is simple in concept but painful for the bureaucrats (and therefore will never be implemented) and would take some doing to get working, but can be done:
- reduce the federal bureaucracy (and lower levels too, but fed is worst) by cutting the workforce by 50%
- make those 50% mostly mid-high level desk jobs, that's where most of the rot is at
- lower income and corporate taxes to half their current level. Better yet, remove them completely and replace with a 5-10% federal sales tax on everything (which would negate the need for the IRS, which right now requires 30% of the federal tax income to operate. Were I to run a company and my accounting department ate 30% of my revenue, I'd audit it to hell and cut out the crap, why doesn't the fed?).
- remove the estate tax
- remove all special tax discounts for anything at all (except maybe healthcare expenses)