I know what that's like. We had clods living next door to us at the cottage. Once they moved away the climate improved considerably.

30C? Not for a while here yet I'm afraid. +8C was the best we could do. Sloppy enough that you sink to your waist in the snow.

Am in the UK and today it's clear skys and pretty cool, it's nice. Normally the skys are completely grey for days but, it's nice today.

Cool again here today, had to turn the furnace back on last night to take off the chill. Yesterday there were some tornadoes about 20 miles away that killed 6 people.

Seems it's getting more and more terrible in the US and Canada. Keep up the good spirit guys and whishing you not too much "weather harm".

Tornadoes are as common around here as earth quakes in California. They can be devistating if you are at ground 0 but otherwise harmless.

You can say the same thing about bullets (no - I'm not trying to start that up again) - perfectly harmless unless you happen to get in the way of one.

@ddanbe - Thanks. I'm sure in a couple of weeks we'll be back at the cottage for the summer and saying that (once the good weather arrives) that the winter wasn't as bad as we once thought. Then we can get on with the summer activity - complaining about the mosquitoes.

Edited by Reverend Jim

well, We are at that horrible time of season change, it's becomming winter. So in the mornings you freeze to death and in the evenings - like now - you walk around in you bathing suit. Ahh the heat of South Africa :)

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.