I wonder if there's anyone in my shoes and if there is, if his leg fits in the shoe just as mine. I work with the Feds in my country and with a health agency. Its normal to introduce Info Tech in all fields but its damn nuts here.
I get little recognition on the job, no dedicated job description. When you raise an idea, your stupid boss takes it in and swallows the glory and cash that comes with it and am just left to do the clean up.

Whats your case?

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

I started noticing the same problem (before i got employed) so i started my own firm...

commented: You're living my dream. +0

Im 15, work as a programmer at the Idaho Accelerator Center part time, and everyone recognizes me except for the anti-russian. Other people twice my age are just the best co workers ever. :D

I started noticing the same problem (before i got employed) so i started my own firm...

and how has it been starting your own firm?

It is time consuming and exhausting, but i get to work when i want to, how i want to and with whom i want to.

It is time consuming and exhausting, but i get to work when i want to, how i want to and with whom i want to.

That's pretty cool but does the profit compensate for the time consumption?

No, not always. Most of the time no.

I work 1k a month. Not bad for HS.

I work 1k a month. Not bad for HS.

Ik a month in what currency? and whats HS?

Wow, how I wish we have such opportunities in our country. Hay how do we get all those silicon valley guys to our country?

$1,000
High School.

thats cool

What country?

||| ||| Nigeria

Ooh.
I dont want to be mean or racist, but you have to educate your children because few people will go to Africa for a computer job because the general belief is that Africans are poor, live in huts, and constant famine.

Not that I share that general belief, but TEACH YOUR CHILDREN!!!!

commented: what you believe is not necessarily true +0
commented: racist babble however much you deny it +0

I dont want to be mean or racist, but

OK, here it comes. Whenever someone starts a sentence with "I dont want to be mean or racist, but..."

there is a good chance that whatever comes next will be mean and racist. Let's see...

you have to educate your children because few people will go to Africa for a computer job because the general belief is that Africans are poor, live in huts, and constant famine.

Guess I was wrong... :icon_rolleyes:

Not that I share that general belief

No, of course not. How could anyone get that idea?

but TEACH YOUR CHILDREN!!!!

Teach them what?

Im 15, work as a programmer at the Idaho Accelerator Center part time, and everyone recognizes me except for the anti-russian. Other people twice my age are just the best co workers ever. :D

Yes, I'm sure there is a long line of 30-year-olds queueing up at your desk asking for programming help, dating tips, and your opinion on Africa.

...but TEACH YOUR CHILDREN!!!!

Oh there are so many educated is just that people are not given the chance to show what they got and thats why we have so many fraudsters and hackers that PayPal don't register us (i.e. Nigerians).

Vernon.
I wasnt being mean and racist, they,dont ask for advice or dating tips, I just do my godamn job programming in,C++ and matlab.

commented: yawn +0

Vernon.
I wasnt being mean and racist, they,dont ask for advice or dating tips, I just do my godamn job programming in,C++ and matlab, so please.

Sorry dude, I'm not going anywhere. I AM going to ignore you from now on except when you say racist, ignorant stuff, and yes it is a racist statement. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and believe that you are not a racist and did not intend it as such. The fact of the matter is you're a 15 year old high school student in Idaho with a part-time programming job. That's a great job for 15. You must have some talent to have landed it. Well done. Seriously. That said, you're 15. You don't have the SLIGHTEST idea what the job market is for programmers and where programmers are willing to go and I seriously doubt you've met very many Africans or know anything about Africa or what the "general belief" about Africa is. You've got NO business telling a grown man who owns his own business what he needs to teach his kids.

>> I just do my godamn job programming in,C++ and matlab

That would be wise. Start popping off like that at work and you're going to get hauled into your manager's office real quick and told to keep your opinions to yourself.

Alright.
You win.
But perhaps we should have convos like this over PMs or email, not in a public forum.
Cause I would get embarassed.
:)

Oh and Farouk.
I really dont know how.
Just make syre everyone goes to college and things will roll out from there.

It's OK. We're cool. I don't think you're a bad guy. Water under the bridge.

Just don't do it again...:icon_twisted:

[EDIT]
Oh hell, do it again if you want.
[/EDIT]

What more can i say......I Love the debate

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.