What do you do before you start coding/ review/ learn your language or code? what are some websites enhance your brain, or get your brain ready to review.

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Ancient Dragon
Featured Replies

Drink lots of coffee and put on my coding-face: [attach]22355[/attach] [icode] credits: [URL="http://www.explosm.net/"]explosm.net[/URL] [/icode] Read More

Ezzaral 2,714   6 Years Ago

Shower, coffee, drive - just another day of work. Read More

Concentrate and think about it, if anything comes in my mind, then I'm good to go!
If nothing to my mind, then I leave it!

Edited by ilovec++: n/a

Sometimes I'll fire up the GNU emacs Multiplication Puzzle and do a few rounds. Helps me focus.

I long for the days when the VAX was king; I coded DCL but before that I coded COBOL and BASIC - I even tried my hand at JCL (actually, like most people, I just hacked someone else's working code so it would do what I wanted). I am in my rocking chair holding my breath.

Don't really program anymore and I'll tell you why.

Put on some breakcore, tech death, stoner sludge, random piano pieces, or whatever has a heavy rapid groove.
Within first hour douse yourself in a pot coffee. Pop some DMAA, BZP, MDPV, whatever's legal and available.
On days when you feel like shit:
Have another pot of coffee. Have some DXM or something as a nasty you feel(assuming it leaves you lucid enough to even touch keyboard), maybe a 40oz.
Chain smoke outside in the rain with your coffee.

Don't really program anymore and I'll tell you why.

Put on some breakcore, tech death, stoner sludge, random piano pieces, or whatever has a heavy rapid groove.
Within first hour douse yourself in a pot coffee. Pop some DMAA, BZP, MDPV, whatever's legal and available.
On days when you feel like shit:
Have another pot of coffee. Have some DXM or something as a nasty you feel(assuming it leaves you lucid enough to even touch keyboard), maybe a 40oz.
Chain smoke outside in the rain with your coffee.

But it is that sort of fustration that inspires me to program. I love the fustration as fustration is my passion along with programming being my subpassion. I don't just program to make money or make life easier, it do it to work me up for gym *cough* ;)

Before i do some coding i always go to www.imgur.com to get some laughs, to get me in a good mood. Then i start to tackle what ever code i have to do.

I agree with cwarn23, that fustration does lead me to be more determined to solve the problem.
Yesterday i spend about 4 hrs,trying to fix a friends network adpter to work in ubuntu, had to rewrite some code to make it work xD
Lots of FFFFUUUUUU's were said though

Edited by Zeref: reply to cwarn23's post

What do you do before you start coding/ review/ learn your language or code? what are some websites enhance your brain, or get your brain ready to review.

Well I certainly hope you have learned the language before you start to code a program :)

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.