I just came home and went to sign on to daniweb.com and 404 page not found. I thought WTF. I know the website exists. But now I see it is back online have you don't any changes dani? I see the "Solved:" prefix is now green but what else have I missed. A cpu upgrade? Please keep us posted. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Yes, i also got similar error messages this morning.

Dani is working on improving Daniweb, because our "good friends" at google have decided to re-vamp the Panda update, so traffic on Daniweb has been sliced in half in the last few days.
So we're probably going to get a few more hiccups as long as Dani is programming frantically to get the visitors back.

There were some server issues last night, but everything should be back up now. If you continue to get *any* errors, please let us know :D

I've been doing a lot of work on caching things behind the scenes, and coupled with the significant decrease in traffic, pretty much had no other choice than to get rid of two of our servers. That went well. Unfortunately, the employee at the hosting company decided to accidentally pull the plug on our SAN in the process, and it took 40 minutes to get all of our servers back online.

I've been doing a lot of work on caching things behind the scenes, and coupled with the significant decrease in traffic, pretty much had no other choice than to get rid of two of our servers. That went well. Unfortunately, the employee at the hosting company decided to accidentally pull the plug on our SAN in the process, and it took 40 minutes to get all of our servers back online.

Perhaps you could donate their idle time to Folding@Home like I did with my vps. Then when it's newsletter time boom we have cpu available.

I see the "Solved:" prefix is now green but what else have I missed.

Also noticed this. i did not experience the offline part because i was away for some days. Did i miss anything?

i did not experience the offline part because i was away for some days. Did i miss anything?

No, nothing really happened when we were offline :)

No, nothing really happened when we were offline

Glad:)

Our newsletter doesn't cause issues anymore, thank goodness :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.