beep 4 Light Poster

I am here to find out why all of your so-called operating systems on this planet are so, I believe you say "****ed"?

More seriously, I just "upgraded" from Vista Home Pro to 7 Ultimate and I was so happy thinking these bizarre quirks of Vista are in the past. Well, some seem to be but mostly 7 seems to be even MORE screwed up than Vista. How is this possible? The tree file pane (I thing M$ calls it the navigation pane) seems to just delight in massively screwing things around. I'd think virus or something, but I have seen too much of just how badly M$ writes code. And this looks like total M$ eff up. It is not malicious except in the fact that it is insanely stupid.
OK, important files like my home file I keep having to track down. Found it lurking in 3 (more or less logical) places so far. And what is this 'Favorites' and 'Libraries' s**t, eh? At any rate, I was sorely hoping that Windows Explorer 7 would be an improvement over Vista where it would simply crash constantly for no reason. Unfortunately, it still crashes in 7 but at least it can bring itself back. WinEx crashing just shocked me when I first saw it happening and I've been working with Windows since 3.1. Never saw this behavior til Vista.
And don't get me started on Linux. Not had good experiences with the newer versions of Ubuntu. Two probs there: 1)Unity (gave it a go but loathed it quickly) and 2)this was worse: Kept losing my internet connection after 11.04 or so. Am looking forward tho to trying out Mint. [and I must say that it gave me the warm fuzzies to find out that after I had changed my desktop to XFCE, that that was the precise one that Linus himself chose :)
This is getting overly long. Suffice to say that am going to try and dual boot Vista and 7, because I am at least somewhat used to Vista's ever changing insanities and right now 7 makes me think of hammers.