A few friends and myself would like to make a RPG game to play among ourselves. The game won't be sold or distributed...So, I would like to know if anyone has a link to download the free, english version of RPG Maker 2000 and/or XP. Thanks. Any help would be more than appreciated. :cheesy:

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Bumping your own thread is a good way to get it locked. It's also incredibly presumptuous and rude, and you're likely to be ignored because of it.

Ok. Well I'm sorry I didn't know that. I need the answer really quick and nobody was helping me :s

>I need the answer really quick and nobody was helping me :s
I know we're fast, but to expect an answer in less than 20 minutes on a Sunday is a tad unreasonable.

Hi Snakehar...welcome to Dani Web.

As you have probably figured out by now, bumping isn't a cool practice, and sometimes it takes a while to get a response, especially if you put your question in the Geeks Lounge where it will be seen by a much smaller number of readers.

I found this by googling your exact question.

http://www.download.com/RPG-Maker-XP/3640-7537_4-10439795.html

Just curious here Narue, were your intentions to just insult this guy and then blow him off, or did you actually have some usable advice? After all, it has been over twenty four hours now, and the guy's faux paux wasn't really enough to merit this strong of a rebuke. I would have expected a little more tact from such a senior member.

>were your intentions to just insult this guy and then blow him off, or did you actually have some usable advice?
You must have missed the usable advice of not bumping your threads and not expecting instant answers. One of the nice things about these forums is that you can learn more than just what you were looking for.

>After all, it has been over twenty four hours now
Would you rather I told him to STFW on top of the "strong rebuke"?

>the guy's faux paux wasn't really enough to merit this strong of a rebuke
I would hardly call it a "strong rebuke". And speaking of criticisms, you should avoid stating your opinions as if they're fact. It's misleading.

>I would have expected a little more tact from such a senior member.
I'm well known for speaking my mind. Perhaps you should adjust your expectations rather than require others to meet them.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

>were your intentions to just insult this guy and then blow him off?

*cough* *cough*, I suspect that is something she only likes doing with the hubby? ;)

[edit] like, maybe the wrong choice of word here[/edit]

>were your intentions to just insult this guy and then blow him off, or did you actually have some usable advice?
You must have missed the usable advice of not bumping your threads and not expecting instant answers. One of the nice things about these forums is that you can learn more than just what you were looking for.

>After all, it has been over twenty four hours now
Would you rather I told him to STFW on top of the "strong rebuke"?

>the guy's faux paux wasn't really enough to merit this strong of a rebuke
I would hardly call it a "strong rebuke". And speaking of criticisms, you should avoid stating your opinions as if they're fact. It's misleading.

>I would have expected a little more tact from such a senior member.
I'm well known for speaking my mind. Perhaps you should adjust your expectations rather than require others to meet them.

Narue...I would have to say that threatening to lock this persons first thread, and calling them presumptuous and rude would fall under the heading of a strong rebuke.

As for my expectations, I don't expect anything from you, my statement was hypothetical, but I have to admit that your response isn't surprising.

It's situations like this that lead me to believe that I understand why people have left Dani Web and will not come back...not to mention any names, but there was one cat that was very popular here who demonstrated his regards by walking, and I will follow suit.

One last thing...ESABATM!

iamthwee...you are a crude arse, and you may want to remember that this is a public forum with junior members, but I'm guessing that you wouldn't mind your kids being shown that this is a publically acceptable form of communication.

Narue...I would have to say that threatening to lock this persons first thread, and calling them presumptuous and rude would fall under the heading of a strong rebuke.

As for my expectations, I don't expect anything from you, my statement was hypothetical, but I have to admit that your response isn't surprising.

It's situations like this that lead me to believe that I understand why people have left Dani Web and will not come back...not to mention any names, but there was one cat that was very popular here who demonstrated his regards by walking, and I will follow suit.

One last thing...ESABATM!

iamthwee...you are a crude arse, and you may want to remember that this is a public forum with junior members, but I'm guessing that you wouldn't mind your kids being shown that this is a publically acceptable form of communication.

Dude I have no kids-still at school.

Crude - I may be. I like my style though. Sorry to see you walk. But forums will be forums. Take whatever you get with a pinch of salt. I deal with it using humour, that way it's always fun whichever way you look at it.

Sorry to see ya leave though. :sad:

>were your intentions to just insult this guy and then blow him off?

*cough* *cough*, I suspect that is something she only likes doing with the hubby? ;)

[edit] like, maybe the wrong choice of word here[/edit]

That was a pretty dumb comment.

That was a pretty dumb comment.

I sorrie, I didn't mean it to make anyone to leave. I hope it was not cos of me. :cry:

>I would have to say that threatening to lock this persons first thread
I made no such threat. Perhaps you could point out where I did and explain why you think so?

>and calling them presumptuous and rude
If I say so and so makes you look like an idiot, that doesn't mean I'm calling you an idiot. Likewise, bumping a thread is presumtuous and rude, but that doesn't mean informing the person who did it is equivalent to calling them presumtuous and rude. Or is that too subtle of a distinction for you? One thing I hate the most is when people put words in my mouth. I said what I said, I meant what I said, and any hidden meaning is entirely your fault.

>but I have to admit that your response isn't surprising.
Nor was yours. Childish attempts at martyrdom are hardly surprising in cases like this and completely ineffective.

>One last thing...ESABATM!
I'm not familiar with that acronym.

Ok, I'm going to lock this thread before it gets even more out of hand. First thing's first, outside this mess, welcome to our community Snakehar. No, Snakehar shouldn't have bumped his thread 20 minutes after he first posted it, and that can be perceived as rude. But it's no reason to start a flame war over. Enough's enough.

commented: you're no fun! (j/k) +1
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.