What programming/coding experience/background do you guys have?

I have C#, Java, PHP, MySQL, CSS, HTML, jQuery, Javascript... how about you guys (you guys probably would have like 10 years + on each language i mentioned plus others...)?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I have approximately 6 years in HTML, PHP, Python, Bash, Javascript, CSS, Java, but 8 years in C++/C and a 4 year masters in computer science where we used C++

@mattster, that is nice :)

From my teenage years (cerka 5 years): VisualBasic and Delphi.

From work experience / thesis-work (cerka 8-10 years): C, C++, Matlab/Simulink, Fortran, LabVIEW, Assembly (reading only), KRC-RSI (Kuka Robot Controller - Remote Sensor Interface language), Bash, and Python.

From course-works (which is rather insignificant): Java, MySQL, HTML, and XQuery.

wow, nice! what is xquery, unless you meant jquery?

From my University days, FORTRAN, APL, PL/1, ALGOL, ALGOL 68C, SNOBOL, COBOL, Lisp, 360 Assembler. Since then, C, C++, VB, DEC Assembler, Data General Assembler, 8080 Assembler, Prodac P250 Assembler, vbScript, SQL and a smattering of Python (which I never really got into). It's amazing how quickly you lose proficiency in a language once you stop using it regularly.

what is xquery, unless you meant jquery?

No, I meant XPath/XQuery. It was part of a Database / Data-mining course I took some years ago. It's an XML-based scripting language to parse, search and transform XML data and schemas, and it can be used to interact with databases too. I don't know if it's really useful (certainly not much to me), or if it was just used as a learning tool in that course. But it's a neat little language, for what it's designed to do.

From my University days, FORTRAN, APL, PL/1, ALGOL, ALGOL 68C, SNOBOL, COBOL, Lisp, 360 Assembler.

Wow.. your university days must have been really painful..

Wow.. your university days must have been really painful..

We certainly got exposed to a lot of languages. That was way back in the 70s. My younger son graduated from Computer Science in 2008 and the curriculum was vastly different. My courses were much more math oriented (five full courses of numerical analysis) and we had nothing on micro code. And back then there was no Java. The numerical analysys was heavily programming oriented. Fortunately, APL was one of my earlier languages. It was the perfect thing for the number gumby stuff.

My hobby is learning web development and programming (i do this for fun, not for work), but i have a decent amount of knowledge (enough to get a job...).

I know php, mysql, html, css, java, c#, jquery, Ruby, Perl, and C++

@grammarisgooder, nice!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.