Contributors
Replies
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Reverend Jim
Featured Replies
  • The good part is there is never a problem making decisions (and you can still get advice from other people - you just don't have to take it). The bad part is there is no one else to blame when things go into the toilet. Here's a quote from the … Read More

For my first 2 years or so of professional programming I was a one-person shop. I did the conception, design, coding, debugging and integration. I didn't know how good I had it until I took a job that involved other programmers and (shudder) engineers. The above article was just as true in the 1980s as it is today.

The good part is there is never a problem making decisions (and you can still get advice from other people - you just don't have to take it). The bad part is there is no one else to blame when things go into the toilet. Here's a quote from the workplace...

I didn't say it was your fault. I just said I was blaming you.

Can I help it that a computer language is called with a name, forbidden to speak out here? Well just google brain + a 4 letter word beginning with f.
So in the above post, my link got somehow changed. Not that I mind that BTW

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.