I live in South Carolina and work in Commercial Air Conditioning. I am trying to transition into forms of acting as I get older.

I am married to my one and only wife. I have 3 daughters: Fay who has just started University in Hawaii, Christine 13, and a special needs daughter 10 who takes up a good deal of our time.

I am a novice interms of computers. I know a few things, but not all that much.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hello and welcome to DaniWeb.

Hello, Grabbag.

What kinds of things do you want to learn about computers? Are you talking about programming or other things?

Might be able to help you on other things since I spend a great amount of my time working with them, primarily from the software point of view, although not programming software.

Uncle Scruffy

Hello, Grabbag.

What kinds of things do you want to learn about computers? Are you talking about programming or other things?

Might be able to help you on other things since I spend a great amount of my time working with them, primarily from the software point of view, although not programming software.

Uncle Scruffy

From: Grabbag I'm not real familiar with Blogs, and Newsgroups.
I made an earlier posting trying to figure out the simplest or best options for going from the Matrox G-450 Dual Monitor card to using 3 monitors.

I'm not real familiar with Blogs, and Newsgroups.

I made an earlier posting trying to figure out the simplest or best options for going from the Matrox G-450 Dual Monitor card to using 3 monitors.

Hi, Grabbag.

In regard to your response, it is my understanding that blogs are started by anyone who wants to on any subject or multiple subjects they want to offer advice on or talk about.

Newsgroups are quite different. They usually refer to any site on the web that posts current, breaking, or other news similar to what you would find in a newspaper. You can subscribe to any, and, if I'm not mistaken, you can add them to your current e-mail program and you will receive new items posted regularly.

As for the statement in your 2nd paragraph, afraid I cannot help with thst. Not familiar with monitor cards.:?:

Uncle Scruffy

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.