Is this the right place to ask a question about excel?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

No, I don't think this is. To I don't know wether you should ask about excel on Daniweb, Daniweb is, as you can see from the subforums, aimed at software/web developing and hardware.

The most appropiate place to ask such an question on daniweb is, at least, I think, the Geek's lounche (so here). However, I can't be sure of that. I would advise to search through some microsoft forums or just do some googling, huge change you will find where your looking for ;).

Is this the right place to ask a question about excel?

as in ms office excel?,what was your question mate?

Thank you for responding.....I know a little about using formulas in excell...however am ignoranrt on it's capabilties.
I have a spreadsheet that I want to use as a search database.Can a cell be made into a "Search " box.
A little hard to explain...
I want my customers to be able to type a postal code into a cell labeled search and to press a button labelled "search" to see if that postal code is available?
Understand?

Thanks again

I believe you are looking for something like this.

I believe you are looking for something like this.

nice one wolfie :cool:

would you be any better off using access for this?

would you be any better off using access for this?

Yes, I think once you're getting more than 100 or so records, it's time to switch to a database system. It's faster to manage and update, and Acess gives you a nice way to build an interface to show it off :).

Yes, I think once you're getting more than 100 or so records, it's time to switch to a database system. It's faster to manage and update, and Acess gives you a nice way to build an interface to show it off :).

you can actually do some pretty neat things with access, although i can see using excel causing a few problems.

darren :cool:

Thank You!
I got the program in so that the search box opens and can also be closed.The only thing I'm not sure about is the programming parameters for the search itself.
I have an existing spreadsheet with about 75 postal codes listed.There will be no more additions.I just need to tell the search where to search.
Otherwise it looks great.
Thanks again

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.