I am a quiet person, I never knew I was a geekl until my wife told me I was. I love to learn, play music, write music, deign buildings, machines, and just about anything, I have my own business doing that. I think computers are one of the more finer inventions mankind has created.

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

true, it often impresses me still that when i look at my laptop i think how much we have when not so long ago it was all fields and dinosuars, now we have the dual-core chip, nano bots, and other exciting stuff from new scientist

We have nano bots i thought they were still doing research into those.

We have nano bots i thought they were still doing research into those.

your right they are, i just love the sound of it :lol:

We actually have nanobots, but not to the degree that you see in movies like iRobot. They are mainly used to repair small circuits in science research facilities. But hopefully soon they'll be able to repair pretty much everything or do our bidding (take over the world anyone?). And another wish is that everything happens while I'm still living. Then it'd be twice as cool.

That still doesnt seem that realistic to me though maybe im just being a cynic but to me it sounds like we dont exactly have the tecknowlogy just yet to make something that small and be able to program them to do tasks like that.

isnt that what they said about the jet engine, cameras in mobile phones, the internet, dvd players etc

isnt that what they said about the jet engine, cameras in mobile phones, the internet, dvd players etc

Very good point. Having to imagine wireless working from other than a 3 foot beacon was impossible. BUt not we have tiny chips buid into a processor that runs in a PDA even. Or on an SD card. The tiny pieces of technology are just getting smaller and more advanced every day.

Very good point. Having to imagine wireless working from other than a 3 foot beacon was impossible. BUt not we have tiny chips buid into a processor that runs in a PDA even. Or on an SD card. The tiny pieces of technology are just getting smaller and more advanced every day.

not just technology, even things like a contact lens impresses me, how? how do you make something that small that actually works? :?:
i brought a cf2 microdrive the other day for my camera, when i relised that in a couple of months we could see them in laptops as the main drive, they already go up to 8gb and are a fraction of the weight of a traditional ide drives.

not matter how many people know technology, no one can argue that its a bad thing or that it hasnt changed / saved lives, i have a relative who has a company making endoscopy equipment, even that amazes me, how a tiny camera can be put in and guided round the body.

not long now before all this technology comes aloive and takes over mankind eh? hehe anyways.. i guess i'm not as impressed in technology as i am about how people managed to live without it before it existed. It really has changed the way we look at life.

not long now before all this technology comes aloive and takes over mankind eh? hehe anyways.. i guess i'm not as impressed in technology as i am about how people managed to live without it before it existed. It really has changed the way we look at life.

little things like sending a quick text to see what time your meeting up at the club, or doing a quick online shopping trip, before all this things must have taken ages, the washing for instance would take a good day, washing up took a while, yet where i work our new dishwasher does a full cycle in 45 seconds lol, everything we look at now has been affected or changed by technology, some good some bad, i.e speed cameras and capped bandwidth

darren :cool:

not long now before all this technology comes aloive and takes over mankind eh?

Don't let them hear you!

>_O

Mankind will rue the day the whole AI project is done... (hint: don't give robots emotion, nor logical reasoning if you want them to be yur slaves)

In our media...
"Teh Matricks"
"I, Robot"

...and my upcoming production:
"LOL, Prompt Segway™(please don't sue me) Takeover of Humanity in Two Days"

Don't let them hear you!

>_O

Mankind will rue the day the whole AI project is done... (hint: don't give robots emotion, nor logical reasoning if you want them to be yur slaves)

In our media...
"Teh Matricks"
"I, Robot"

...and my upcoming production:
"LOL, Prompt Segway™(please don't sue me) Takeover of Humanity in Two Days"

lmao, you can learn all you need to know about defending mankind from weird freaky robots from AI and i-robot, although we're not to far off of that, i mean we have toys that can learn, robots that can climb stairs and walk - by themselves, forget usr i think it'll be honda that has us all as slaves, in their forecorts washings new accords ready for our robot masters :lol: (or is that too far fetched and twisted?)

Yea I've been looking through some net articles and saw something in WIRED about these fancy new bots than climb and the almighty ballbot, which is a tower that glides along on a single ball, maintaining balance and everything.

If Segways™(please don't sue me) can take over humanity by tossing their masters to the ground, we can become slaves to Honda. ^_^

Hmm too much of these things makes me uneasy. We should pray to god that we are thankful as we are on the brighter side. Whats the point of the technology which doesnt benefit one and all ( i just wanted to post the image of famine in Sudan but... )

Wish god were revert everything back to primitive, no wars, no burning babies, no hate, no poverty.... *sniff*

Hint:: read my signature

Hmm too much of these things makes me uneasy. We should pray to god that we are thankful as we are on the brighter side. Whats the point of the technology which doesnt benefit one and all ( i just wanted to post the image of famine in Sudan but... )

Wish god were revert everything back to primitive, no wars, no burning babies, no hate, no poverty.... *sniff*

Hint:: read my signature

wow thats kinda deep mate;

that bit in i-robot about ghosts in programs, and bits of code creating unexpected behavior, isnt to far from now, what if one day the code we used was so advanced that a slight mis-type could result in `sunny` taking over, i wonder what it'll all be like in 50 yrs time?

Am really happy someone actually understands my thoughts and is a good candidate of being a global citizen.

Otherwise nowadays ideas like these are considered demented by the younger generation ( its not that i am graying, just 21 here )

Wish everyone just thought out of the box and leave the MY WORLD and MY THINGS idealogy, then the world really would have been a better place.

Thanks for the feedback.

Am really happy someone actually understands my thoughts and is a good candidate of being a global citizen.

Otherwise nowadays ideas like these are considered demented by the younger generation ( its not that i am graying, just 21 here )

Wish everyone just thought out of the box and leave the MY WORLD and MY THINGS idealogy, then the world really would have been a better place.

Thanks for the feedback.

:cheesy: im just waiting for the day when someone starts a computer orintated religion (proberly one out there already :lol: )

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.