I am definately not an IT professional. As an undergraduate, I used a sliderule. My first computer had no hard drive. I am trying to w6rk on a SONY Vaio laptop, and somehow, I have screwed it up. The fn key is locked on, and I can't release it. When I type, I get the characters on the front of the keys unless I press fn. Do any of you wizzards know how to get me out of this?

Thanks,

Chris

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I am definately not an IT professional. As an undergraduate, I used a sliderule. My first computer had no hard drive. I am trying to w6rk on a SONY Vaio laptop, and somehow, I have screwed it up. The fn key is locked on, and I can't release it. When I type, I get the characters on the front of the keys unless I press fn. Do any of you wizzards know how to get me out of this?

Thanks,

Chris

I've figured it out. I searched for a solution, and waws directed to a post on this site.

Chris

Hey, thats great you got that worked out. I hope you continue to join us here!

Godfear

Hi Chris, welcome to DaniWeb - looks like you have already discovered just what a great tech support community this is.

Hi Chris, welcome to DaniWeb - looks like you have already discovered just what a great tech support community this is.

I spent hours looking through this site last night. Fascinating. The last time I used C++ was in the 70s, but this site has made me decide to get a C++ compiler and play around with it again. Is Borland still the best package to buy?

Chris

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.