I Love Rain. I always have. I also adore snow. Cold and "dreary" weather like London in the Fall. Where I live we have been getting nice rain and cool, dark-cloud nights recently. Great sleeping weather. Great for sitting-at-the-computer-all-day weather (well, each day is like that but, LOL). Romantic weather.

Summer, honestly gets me down. Beaches, sports-- no. I would rather go to Germany, England, or Norway and be in the icy mountains or walk through the dirty streets. :cheesy:

What do you like and why?

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

Ah winter for me.
Why ? Its so calm, the cold wind blowing, my thoughts drifting....
Ah it is so good..

Yes, Winter, very nice indeed.

Winter in India :D

~S.O.S.~

I am not a fan of hot weather, but there are a few countries I would make an exception for, to hopefully visit some day: India, Israel, Egypt, Brazil\ Argentina, Spain.

I moved from Texas one-year ago (going to school there. I am originally from Ohio) to the East Coast. Summers are much better here in the NYC-area, milder. Living in Texas was like living in a bloody swamp-- not like a swamp, it actually was real, steamy swampland :sad: . Never will I live in the South again, God-willing.

But, India: I absolutely love the food (my favorite, actually), I really like the music, and from what we hear of India in the States, a massive tech boom especially on the software front. :)

Regards
sharky_machine

I hate snow -- don't like shoveling the stuff or driving in the stuff. It would not be so bad if the snow fell everywhere except on sidewalks and roads. So I moved south the St Louis missouri a few years ago where the winters are normally pretty mild. We still get a little snow, but nothing like that picture "winter in Germany".

I love spring because that's the time of year when everything comes alive and new things are born. We get a lot of tornados that time of year, but I just ignore them. No hurricanes, and only an occasional earth quake (every 10 years or so).

I We get a lot of tornados that time of year, but I just ignore them. No hurricanes, and only an occasional earth quake (every 10 years or so).

Err... pretty exciting life you have Mr. Dragon, hurricanes, earthquakes..
Looks like mother nature really loves you... :D

Winter in India :D

You have Winter in India? :eek:.
Which part of India do you live in?

But, India: I absolutely love the food (my favorite, actually), I really like the music, and from what we hear of India in the States, a massive tech boom especially on the software front. :)

And Aishwarya Rai. *sigh*

Err... by winter I actually mean the winter season. BTW I live in Mumbai the financial capital of India. Here there is no such thing like snow like you are thinking. Only the cool wind blowing and the pleasant weather. But in my native place..yes there are hailstorms and it snows a lot.

And Aishwarya Rai. *sigh*

Hmm... looks like you have earned yourself a kick from your girlfriend.:cheesy:

And just to let you know she is getting married to Abishek Bacchan so just sit back, relax and enjoy a cup of tea with your girlie....;)

she is getting married to Abishek Bacchan

:sad:

I am pleasantly surprised by all the snow, Winter, and rain lovers here :cheesy::cheesy:

Quite honestly, I detest Summer and bright sunlight altogether. Give me rain, sleet, fog, and snowflakes!

Regards,
sharky_machine

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: no such thing as winter here ..
iiiiiiii haaaaaaaaaaaaaate summer ..

rain is all i like :cool:

I think I'll take my tornados over those piles of sand, thank you. Right now we are in Fall when it rains often. Its been raining for the past three days. 500 miles to the north of us they have snow this time of year, but we won't get any until January.

I am pleasantly surprised by all the snow, Winter, and rain lovers here

Then I'll be the first to like the summer. I'm from holland and it rains 99% of the time. And when it doesn't rain: it snows... For the people that don't where to find Holland: it's next to Germany, so we know what snow is too.
In the summer there might be a change that you won't soake the instant you step outside.

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

Well in India, we have winter in northern part of country i.e. Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttranchal(see those in map of india). We have snow there too.
However in my place Delhi, the capital of India, climate is extream.....about max 35-48 celcius during summers and 2-26 during winters. So I love spring here which is calm.

And just to let you know she is getting married to Abishek Bacchan so just sit back

Good news for you WolfPack, Aishwarya Rai is not getting married with Abhishek Bachan, marriage cancelled. Abhishek's father denied this marriage. He's being quite superstitious regarding something. So chances are still there for you:lol:

Yay

He's being quite superstitious regarding something.

Thank god for astrology. :cheesy:

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

Now you must agree that sometimes these things(which most of us wants to be eradicated, eg superstions) are helpful:)....so never teach smn1 that these things are wrong....u never know when such things help you.

Then I'll be the first to like the summer. I'm from holland and it rains 99% of the time. And when it doesn't rain: it snows... For the people that don't where to find Holland: it's next to Germany, so we know what snow is too.
In the summer there might be a change that you won't soake the instant you step outside.

Hello:

Holland is a wonderful country. I spent a month in Amsterdam, Monnikadam, and Marken a few years ago-- lovely places, especially the countryside. ;)

Regards,
sharky_machine

Winter for me. Not that I like it. I just hate high temps.

winter's too cold and too wet, summer's too hot (well, it's supposed to, this year it was mainly too wet), autumn and spring are too wet...

Overall though I'd say spring is the least disagreeable season.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.