http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,70131-13553168,00.html?f=rss

A soft drink company that created bizarre tipples tasting of fish taco and salmon is offering a new flavour - green pea soda pop.

American firm Jones Soda is responsible for other unusual beverages like turkey and gravy, dinner roll and sweet potato flavour.

Its latest green pea brew will be part of the company's 'holiday pack' of bottled drinks available in the US.

[IMG]http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2434/pukelj5.gif[/img]

Recommended Answers

All 33 Replies

It seems, a lot of people would-- they sell a lot.

I wouldn't, probably; I don't really like drinking pop much-- perhaps a Mountain Dew when I need a caffeine boost and my coffee limit is maxed. Coding all night, ya know ;) .

American firm Jones Soda

Not to be defending it or anything, but Jones Sodas are quiiite good. So I have a feeling it's better then it sounds.

perhaps a Mountain Dew

Buut, I will stick with Sharky here, Mountain Dew is good. :)

It seems, a lot of people would-- they sell a lot.

I wouldn't, probably; I don't really like drinking pop much-- perhaps a Mountain Dew when I need a caffeine boost and my coffee limit is maxed. Coding all night, ya know ;) .

Not sure I understand this... What is it about coffee (other than caffeine) that has a limit where MD is OK (with caffeine AND sugar [please don't tell me it's diet MD :eek:] )

Not sure I understand this... What is it about coffee (other than caffeine) that has a limit where MD is OK (with caffeine AND sugar [please don't tell me it's diet MD :eek:] )

Ah, no, the limit is not the caffeine level, it is the acid present in coffee. I am not supposed to drink coffee due to the fact that I have an ulcer. I still drink it and in the last year or so I have had no problems but I still have to be careful and not overdo it.

whats mountain dew?

when im working hard i have a red bull or something

whats mountain dew?

when im working hard i have a red bull or something

Its a soda that tasts like cow urin, or rather what I think cow urin would tast like if I tasted it. I dislike the stuff.

As for Jones soda -- I never heard of it.

whats a soda?

i like red bull or relentess:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relentless_%28drink%29

its the same caffeine as like 2 or so big expressos so it keeps u up all night

explaination of red bull (from wikipedia)

In 2001, the drink was investigated by the Swedish National Food Administration after being linked to the deaths of three consumers. It has been subject to a number of other health concerns regarding glucuronolactone, a precursor of taurine. Sale of Red Bull as a normal soft drink is prohibited in Denmark, Norway, France and Uruguay. Due to the link with taurine, local authorities categorized Red Bull as a medicine and suggest customers ask for medical advice before drinking. Because of this, only energy drinks without taurine are sold in France. The official imported Canadian Red Bull is a caffeinated version of Thai Krating Daeng. Until late 2004, its sale was prohibited in Canada. Now a can must carry a warning label that says:
Cautions: Contains caffeine. Not recommended for children, pregnant or breast-feeding women, caffeine sensitive persons or to be mixed with alcohol. Do not consume more than 500 mL per day.
However, no such warning label is present on cans sold in the UK, though people who consume the beverage in excess (more than 2-5 250 mL tins in a 24-hour period) have been known to express discomfort, such as nausea, diarrhea, stomach pains, gas, and/or sleeplessness.
British supermarket chain Morrisons refuses to sell Red Bull to customers under the age of 16. In Finland, some shops only sell 1 canister of the drink at a time to under 18 year olds. Attempting to buy 2 canisters or more requires customers to prove their age, as if they were buying alcoholic beverages.

Red Bull made the news in Ireland after two hurling players died after drinking Red Bull at half-time in a club game.

Doctors and nutritionists have warned of the dangers of mixing caffeine and alcohol in excessive quantities. Their warnings, however, are often unheeded as many people feel that the benefits of mixing Red Bull with alcohol far outweigh the risks and use stimulants such as caffeine in order to avoid getting drowsy while drunk. Mixing Red Bull with alcohol (most commonly Vodka and Jägermeister) has become increasingly popular among college-aged crowds and club goers. Heavier drinkers of alcoholic Red Bull drinks have cited "euphoric feelings." Many studies have been performed to determine the actual effects on the human body after consumption of Red Bull with alcohol, most finding solely that the mixing of a depressant with an energy drink can lead to abnormal heart rhythms and future heart problems. [1]

whats a soda?

A soda is a carbonated drink such as Coca-Cola, Pepsi, or Mountain Dew; a soda is often known as a "soft drink" (as opposed to a "hard" drink-- liquor) Soda is also known where I was born (in the Midewest of the U.S., in the State of Ohio) as a "pop", not a "soda".

ah yeah, we call it a soft drink in england
we dont really call alchohol "liquor" its just alchohol

We even call it 'alcohol' in Holland, so it's kind of an international thing isn't it :)

Its a soda that tasts like cow urin

Aha! It's called 'golden power' here in Holland. I prefer Coffee (and lots of it) to keep me awake!

Back to the original topic:

Heinz once made green coloured tomato kecthup - it was a total failure

Mountain Dew is delicious.
Wish they sold it here, or maybe not as I'd be an addict ;)

What I don't understand is why people buy cola (any brand).

Here is a true story:

My father (retired ship engineer) told me that, once they had a huge problem with ship's auxiliary engine. That kind of engine is used to run the generator and is usually the size of the engine that is used to propel the locomotive. (just to give you an image of the size)

Apparently, the piston got stuck inside the cylinder and it was stuck so hard that none of the power tools and equipment was unable to jerk it free of the cylinder. They all gave up on fixing the problem, until the chief engineer decided to pour in the cylinder a box of coca-cola. 20 minutes later, piston came out without any effort.

Anyone care for some coke?

In the States, Cola has become a vice. Sugar is a drug and it is most easily and readily administered via cola. It is not uncommon to see a toddler with cola in his\ her bottle instead of milk or formula. :twisted:

"Cola" such as Pepsi or Coca-Cola are victors of generations of sly marketing campaigns that attach the ideas of youth, family, holiday, and sentimentality to their products in order to retrieve an almost Pavlovian response. Most citizens of the U.S. (if they indeed drink cola) are either Pepsi drinkers or Coca-Cola drinkers-- usually this divide does not cross bounds to the other side. Myself, I do not drink cola often if ever, but if I was to choose, I would be a Coca-Cola drinker-- I detest Pepsi (very chemical tasting). Coca-Cola reminds me of Christmas, Holidays, childhood. :rolleyes: Welcome to American marketing fallout. :cheesy: :confused:

I hate any type of carbonated water.

Here is a true story:

My father (retired ship engineer) told me that, once they had a huge problem with ship's auxiliary engine. That kind of engine is used to run the generator and is usually the size of the engine that is used to propel the locomotive. (just to give you an image of the size)

Apparently, the piston got stuck inside the cylinder and it was stuck so hard that none of the power tools and equipment was unable to jerk it free of the cylinder. They all gave up on fixing the problem, until the chief engineer decided to pour in the cylinder a box of coca-cola. 20 minutes later, piston came out without any effort.

Anyone care for some coke?

Check This Out:

Coke: A Household Cleaner?
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_coca_cola.htm

Coke makes Ariel look like instant drink. (just add water...)

Mountain Dew is delicious.
Wish they sold it here, or maybe not as I'd be an addict ;)

I love Mountain Dew and Coca-Cola. In fact, I love just about any kind of soft drink... except carbonated water. I absoloutely hate carbonated water and don't understand how anyone could drink it.

As for that soft drink... nah, I'd pass. :D

... except carbonated water. I absoloutely hate carbonated water and don't understand how anyone could drink it.

Plain, carbonated water is ill. I would rather just drink pure, spring water. Why the carbonation? :confused:

But, I do love Mountain Dew-- but only in cans-- no plastic bottles!

In vino veritas.

Mountain Dew, the beverage of Techies... I'll take it any way it comes (except diet :confused:)

I can drink either cola, Pepsi or Coke, but for different reasons. If I want sweet, Pepsi, if I want acidic, Coke.

Cabonated water? Blech!!! Absolutely disgusting!

In the States, Cola has become a vice. Sugar is a drug and it is most easily and readily administered via cola. It is not uncommon to see a toddler with cola in his\ her bottle instead of milk or formula.

It's more the cafeine than the sugar I think that's addictive.
It's well known that many people are hooked for life on coffee after a single cup, it's that potent. Cola contains I think only slightly less of the stuff...

So, back in the 20's they replaced cocaine with caffeine.
What's next? THC? A Pot-a-Cola.:mrgreen:

I actually think that is how they made the green ketchup ;)

That tastes eactly like red catchup to me anyways... Havent had too much of it though....

That tastes eactly like red catchup to me anyways... Havent had too much of it though....

It tasted different for me. I think you to taste with your vision and nose.

I only had it once, I like the red one more :P

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.