I noticed this ad for real estate when I was looking in the windows forums, and noticed a few interesting things.

1. Who wants to rent from someone named Leeat Hacker .... :eek:

2. The prices of NYC aparements rent are almost 4-5 times what a Mortgage payment is here in texas.

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

Yeah, particularly when they don't know how to spell 13373 ;)

I noticed this ad for real estate when I was looking in the windows forums, and noticed a few interesting things.

1. Who wants to rent from someone named Leeat Hacker .... :eek:

2. The prices of NYC aparements rent are almost 4-5 times what a Mortgage payment is here in texas.

Yes, the rents in NYC are indeed high, especially in certain areas-- but there are reasons why.

I was born in Ohio; I used to live in East Texas for a few years (about 15 minutes from Louisiana). I moved to NYC one-year ago to pursue my career. I did not like Texas. Given, I lived in a rather small town while going to school for programming, but the general atmosphere was, well, a bit non-inspiring. Dallas is a great city, though, and similar to NYC in certain ways. I visited Dallas once and was amazed: I really enjoyed it there. Large, prosperous, cultural.

New York offers so much it is hard to conceive ever experiencing it all. Paying higher rent, in my opinion, is worth it considering what I get in return: great job prospects, higher pay, culture, art, awesome food from every nation of the world, close to Atlantic ocean, close to: Boston, Maine, Connecticut, D.C.

I love the East Coast and there is really no other place in the U.S. I would rather live.

why call yourself 1337 on a pro website, how stupid!

I honestly think that some very disturbed parents named him that. Notice the spelling ... Leeat with two e's and an a.

I know a few names that people have that makes you wonder if their parents really love them. :(

I can't believe that would be his real name. That would just be shameful.

I can't believe that would be his real name. That would just be shameful.

Wouldn't that depend on what country they were from? Like in his home country the name might mean "Powerful Ruler" but in another it translates into "Butt of a Dog". It ain't his fault.... :)

Wouldn't that depend on what country they were from?

Yes is does.. You probably won't believe me, but I know several people who's lastname is Fukking... One of them is called Dick Fukking... But he was named that in the time when the dutch didn't know that there were more languages then dutch and german :confused: (he's 90+)

Regards Niek

nyc prices are still cheaper than some london prices
in the us you can get a big house for the price of a semidetatched here in the UK

Yes is does.. You probably won't believe me, but I know several people who's lastname is Fukking... One of them is called Dick Fukking... But he was named that in the time when the dutch didn't know that there were more languages then dutch and german :confused: (he's 90+)

Regards Niek

I know someone who's real name is Anita Dick. And she got married knowing that would be her new name. That must be love.

people go to court here in USA all the time to get their names changed from some obscene name to something more pleasant. As for Mr. Hacker -- the term "hacker" isn't really all that old -- probably coined sometime in the 1960s.

I would rather be called Mr. Hacker than Mr. Fukking

people go to court here in USA all the time to get their names changed ...

I know someone who legally changed his name to Spock...:rolleyes:

I knew two people: one named Miles High and another (really) named Al Dente. :)

In your lifetime, you come across many strange names.... but some people hide them and some people don't. It's the people who don't who I admire...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.