I'd really like to make a simple program which searches Japanese vocabulary. All I need to make is a simple window, that searches Romanji, Hiragana and English then brings up a pop up with all 3, but I have some questions. It would be great if I could split verbs, ajectives, abverbs etc seperatly, into maybe drop down search windows,but s simple window with a search would be good enough.

1) Whats the easiest (Free) programing language to create this?

2) Is there a tutorial or something where I could copy the code and just fill in the strings?

3) Is copy and paste automatically built in to Windows or does it require additional programing?

and 4) Will the fact I need to use Hiragana (Japanese writing) require additional programming?

Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

>> 1) Whats the easiest (Free) programing language to create this?
depends on which one(s) you already know. My guess in VB .NET, but I don't know languages other than c and c++. I doubt any of them will be "easy" to implement your question.

>>Is there a tutorial or something where I could copy the code and just fill in the strings?
probably not. but you can google to see if you can find anything.

>>Is copy and paste automatically built in to Windows or does it require additional programing?
you have to code it. Windows contains something called a clipboard that you can copy text into and then allow other programs (or your own) to copy text from. But that also requires calling a few win32 api functions.

>>Will the fact I need to use Hiragana (Japanese writing) require additional programming?
yes. your program will probably have to be compiled with UNICODE option.

1) Whats the easiest (Free) programing language to create this?

I would have said VB.NET but since its a proprietary language(you have to pay for getting it ) my next best bet is C# if you want to make it windows only or Python if you want to make your application portable.

Both are good languages which don't overload the newbie with all the details and focus on the actual coding..Also C and C++ don't as such support native graphics so for menus and all that you would have to use GTK+ or wxWidgets, both are difficult to use for a beginner.

My opinion: If you haven't started any language as such, jump into Python ( or C# ) and you would be a happy man.

Thank you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.