Hello,
I am a new member hoping to get better at developing ASP.NET and VB.NET applications. I am migrating from Dreamweaver MX to MS Visual Studio and struggling with the OO way of doing things. I often get hung up on syntax.
In the past I would write all my SQL databases and handle all my business logic with stored procedures. Moving into the N-tiered platform has been a steep learning curve for me. Just getting used to the vocab in .NET is difficult too. Like why do they call it "strongly typed" - I still don't get that! And is it really worth all this work to separate the business logic from the backend? And I am so confused about the difference between using a SQL datasource vs. Object datasource - which is best or more secure? Are you supposed to just use the Object datasource with your DAL (Data Access Layer)? Am I mistaken when I assumed the Object datasource was best because it kept the exact sql dml code hidden?
Ahhh... so many questions - so many deadlines!
JMW

Contributors
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by happygeek

Hi, and welcome to DaniWeb.

This is the introductions forum, which is really just for saying hi and telling us a bit about yourself. not for asking tech support questions.

You should pop over to the ASP.NET and VB.NET forums to get the help you are looking for.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.