That's the biggest problem with rep, it pages out and you lose it. :( I had some great ones from before I mellowed out. :D

Entertaining. Now I must go and search for this "Newbie in need of help!!" thread... :icon_biggrin:

You'll have to weed it out of the million others. Or if you're nice enough I'll share the link and save you the trouble. ;)

heres mine: I haven't had many negative reps, but the ones I do have are idiotic..

I don't even understand the last negative rep.. How would someone know I bed repped them ? lol.. I don't usually bad rep people anyways..

ah! rep.bmp:
Your file of 1.00 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 1.00 MB for this filetype.

I don't even understand the last negative rep.. How would someone know I bed repped them ? lol.. I don't usually bad rep people anyways..

Simple, the directional signal amplifier in the tinfoil hat picked up the brief click as your mouse followed the 'rep' link, and they watched through their tiny satellite eyes as you typed in something nasty.

Or in other words, sheer paranoia.

I only give people bad rep if they are total trolls. I think the only person i have done lately was lemurexplosion

Most of the "good ones" are gone, scrolled away into oblivion. Names blacked-out to protect the guilty.

Faggish whining?

Thats so immature. I bet the guy who wrote that was about 5.

Simple, the directional signal amplifier in the tinfoil hat picked up the brief click as your mouse followed the 'rep' link, and they watched through their tiny satellite eyes as you typed in something nasty.

Or in other words, sheer paranoia.

lol... Perhaps someone has put a keylogger on every member's computer in hopes of discovering those who bad rep him/her and his/her friends..;)

heres mine: I haven't had many negative reps, but the ones I do have are idiotic..

Yeah, I got the same thing.

They should make it so we can actually see what idiot gave us that rep..

Yeah I know.

Rep is getting a little out of hand if you ask me. =/ I don't like it. At all.

Then don't use it. Glad to have helped. :P

Haha, I rarely give out bad reps though!

I have had three bad reps, all of them have been from here in the geek's lounge.

One of them was from the thread "Another add your caption", the comment was "why the heck do you need another one?" This member was simply demonstrating why they hadn't been invited to join mensa.

The other two came from the thread "Shooting at Virginia Tech.", this was a controversial topic so it doesn't surprise me.

Don't get hung up on your negative rep would be my advice. It's a bit like the bullies at school, when they realise you do not get upset by the name calling they pick on someone else.

Happygeek, I'm not sure who your last post was aimed at, but if it was for me...not to worry. At the very first of this thread I expressed my opinion of the rep power and it still stands. The people who's opinions mean anything to me are the ones that will either pm me or post their thoughts in public. People like this junior wannabe mensa member who panned me for posting something that others could participate in without having any social or political significance is the type of member that you just have to laugh at. Unfortunately this type of person makes the rep power a useless tool in reality.

It was aimed at anyone who is getting overly upset by negative rep, in particular Christine :)

Yes, I will definitely take your advice.
Thanks. =)

Um, not to sound like an idiot (or a jerk), but how exactly does one give negative rep? Whenever I click on someone's 'add to [name] reputation] in a thread, I get a screen with a single, checked radio button saying 'I approve' and a comment box. Given that there doesn't seem to be any way to disapprove(can't uncheck the button, after all)...am I just cluelessly missing something here that should be blindingly obvious?

I would imagine that you need a certain rep/post level yourself to do it, to stop people just signing up and negging.

Um, not to sound like an idiot (or a jerk), but how exactly does one give negative rep? Whenever I click on someone's 'add to [name] reputation] in a thread, I get a screen with a single, checked radio button saying 'I approve' and a comment box. Given that there doesn't seem to be any way to disapprove(can't uncheck the button, after all)...am I just cluelessly missing something here that should be blindingly obvious?

Handing out negative reps by normal members have been temporarily disabled by Dani. As of now, only Team Colleagues, Moderators etc. can negative rep.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.