Everyone has some kind of place that makes them feel transported to a magical realm. For some people it's castles with their noble history and crumbling towers. For others it's abandoned factories, ivy choked, a sense of foreboding around every corner. For us here at Curious Expeditions, there has always been something about libraries. Row after row, shelf after shelf, there is nothing more magical than a beautiful old library.

http://www.curiousexpeditions.org/2007/09/a_librophiliacs_love_letter_1.html

Oh my,these are beautifull!!!

Sure dont make them this good anymore!!

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

They should. Nor do they make nice books anymore. I mean antique ... that sounds kinda stupid I know but they look cool.

Attached below is a 150 year old version of Dickens' works which I love reading from. It's in tatters, but it's still good. It's also about the size of my torso.

Damn, I wish the libraries where i lived looked that nice.

I never go to the library for books any more because i have a $20 fine on my card. Plus its rare that they will have a book that you want to read in at that time. It is so much easier to just buy the book.

I would rather buy a book than get it from the library but it is less expensive to get them from the library.

It depends where you get the book.
I love going to second hand book shops. I love the chaos and the disorder ... but yet, in one that I have in mind, the people who work there know exactly where the books you're looking for are. I mean it. Everytime I've tried searching for a book it's taken at least half an hour to find (if at all). Obviously an advanced sorting algorithm I've never seen.

I do like second hand bookshops because they are so much cheaper. Some books however I have to buy brand new.

Wait till the George Walker Bush Presidental Library opens in Texas. It will be the prettiest library building in the world, but not much to find inside.

user32.dll brings tears of joy to my eyes...

sorry, couldn't help it :P

commented: A library is a library. +4

Damn, I wish the libraries where i lived looked that nice.

Nothing is made this good anymore :(

user32.dll brings tears of joy to my eyes...

sorry, couldn't help it :P

I agree with you, a very dynamic library indeed!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.