I purchased two 1GB of Samsung pc2700-25331-z (1GB pc2700 cl2.5) KR M470l2923bno-cb3 0549 on E bay for my Dell D600 laptop. The memory will not work. Seller stated the memory was DDR 2700333 and should work. Why will it not work. Thank You.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hello,

My name is Mike, I’m a Technical Analyst located at Dell corporate headquarters in Round Rock, TX. I’m part of an internet outreach team developed to interact with the online community regarding technical questions and issues that customers face with Dell products. I read your question and wanted to chime in.

The D600 is compatible with PC 2700 333MHz memory, up to 2 gigs (2048MB) so the added memory should work fine. You should note however that the memory bus on this system will only run at a max of 266MHz, but this shouldn’t keep the memory from working. I would suggest testing one memory stick at a time and see if it makes a difference. Try one module at a time and then swap the same module to the other memory slot, then repeat this process with the second stick. This will let you know if the problem is with a memory slot or a memory stick. I hope this helps.

Mike
Dell customer advocate

on my end i have a similliar problem , when i opened my Mac Power Book G4 there was inside the memory stick you have Samsung pc2700-25331-z , i looked around but could not get the exact model so i got a Hynix pc2700s-25330 512mb cl2.5 DDR 333mhz , but its non of them are working , i was wondering if i could buy one of the one you have to try if it will work ?

Send me your Name and mailing address and I will send the memory to you. If it works then you can pay me for it, If not send it back. There are two 1 GB memory sticks. Hope it works for you. I will send information with memory.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.