Hello! Currently I have a 50MB Video in " Progressive Download Video " set on my Dreamweaver CS3 made website, but the problem is it is too slow! I am guessing that the " Progressive Download Video " setting is not for me. I am looking into " Streaming Video " thinking that it will be faster that way, Am I correct by thinking this way? Since its going to be a 50 MB movie clip I guess it is the way to go. While trying to set up " Streaming Videos " I am stuck at " rtmp:// " I don't have a clue to what this is and what to type into it? I tried pointing it to the web address on my server but it says " Please enter valid server URI in the form of rtmp://myserver/myapp/myinstance. " How do I fix this problem? Thanks in advance!

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Thomas Winckler

If it is a .flv file, I use a flash player called 320x240.swf and use the following code

<p style="text-align: center">     
  <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" style="width:320px; height:240px;" data="320x240.swf">
    <param name="allowFlashAutoInstall" value="true" />
    <param name="Flashvars" value="url=EnjoyTheRide.flv" />
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
    <param name="movie" value="320x240.swf" />
    <param name="quality" value="high" />
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" />
  </object>
</p>

The player is free and can be found here

Simply download the zip file and use the 320x240.swf file from the archive.

If its too slow it could be a number of things. The sever its downloading from could be slow, or your Internet connection is slow.

Progressive download works always fine when you increase the buffer time in the component inspector in flash I use always 2.0 sec and don't have any cut outs.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.